Moonshiners

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Dec 22, 2011.

1. WM

WM Active Member

Tell me someone else but me is watching this.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I've watched, but not a big fan.

3. WM

WM Active Member

I'm 20 minutes into it. Not too sure what I'm watching yet.

4. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Caught up on the first few episodes last week, watched the new one last night. I find it pretty interesting, mostly because my grandfather and his brothers were all moonshiners as well.

What's stopping ABC agents from watching this and now nailing Tim the Moonshiner?

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I like the guys helper that is [uck fay]ed out of his mind the whole time.

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

The aptly named "Tickle."

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's straight up the fall guy. He'll be the one that falls on the sword when the shit goes down.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Manufacturing drama keeps it from being used as evidence according to a lawyer I know

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

here's the lowdown on Moonshiners:

Tim is real, some of my in laws even know him. He's the fire chief at the Climax Volunteer Fire Department (yes, Climax and Tightsqueeze are very real places, I'm currently not 15 minutes from Tightsqueeze). The story I'm told is that Tickle is basically completely going off script because he's too stoned and retarded all the time to not screw things up. I'm also told that Tim made moonshine for years but sold his recipe to a legal distillery in TN and can't make it anymore. He's not actually making moonshine on the show and if you know the inner workings of making legit moonshine you would be able to tell what he was and wasn't doing. I will say he's very close, at least as Discovery Channel portrays it. Jesse is also a real ABC agent but everyone knows who he is, so it's not like he's blowing his cover. Anyways, that's the story.

tidwell likes this.
  10. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Awesome, Bill.

11. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Just caught the series finale. I like how the "a moonshiner meets an untimely end to his career" thing they teased throughout the last show was Popcorn Sutton killing himself to avoid prison.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, the whole show came off as cheesy and fake to me.