More Dumb Butch Quotes

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This reminds me of Dooley's shower comments, and which hindsight now shows began to occur with increasing frequency after he - like Butch, now - realized that the gig was up, and that he had also lost a portion of the fan base which would never to be recovered, and wanted him gone.

I honestly wonder if he's given up, and is now just trying to force TN to fire him for saying this sort of particularly stupid shit. It's embarrassing enough to make it impossible to ignore, and which only becomes so much worse as we continue to allow it...but not so bad as to serve as proper cause to fire him, per his contract.

I also think that he says this shit as his stupidly passive-aggressive response to the growing segment of the base who hate him, and who he now feels the same, and wishes to irritate and harangue them, just as they do him. It's like he's chosen to cut off his own [penis] in order to poke his haters in the eye with it.

I think he just can't be this stupid, but perhaps he really is, and perhaps I am, too...for still questioning whether he is or not. It seems so obvious that he is, as I read shit like this.

Do you know who is really stupid in all of this? Anyone who welcomes the participation or invites the input of any of the stupid asses who hired this stupid ass, or the stupid ass before him, or the stupid ass before him, in hiring the next stupid ass to replace him. But then, by twisting ourselves into holding any belief - however small and tenuously it's held - that it's even possible for stupid asses to hire anyone but fellow stupid asses, makes me the biggest stupid asses in a Big Arnge universe replete with legions of military-grade stupid asses.

By that standard, and if true, then I'll likely be named as Butch's replacement, sometime after he explains the Bama loss on gingivitis, or the eclipse, or gluten-free pre-game snacks. And even I - King of the Stupid Asses - will know that only winning matters, and to avoid saying stupid assed shit like this.

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I feel you're overthinking it. As for what I have in bold, it's not stupidity as I see it but arrogance. I don't think butch feels he's lost anyone and if he does, he thinks he can win them back just as quickly. They just need some educating as to why these failures are not his fault. JMO of course.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Nah, Dooley is 1000 times smarter than butch.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don't know why y'all listen to even half the shit he says.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Now, because it's funny.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

He doesn't know he's doomed. He believes he is a great coach.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is the truth. And he thinks he does no wrong and thus cannot be blamed for all the crap that happens. He would rather throw others under the bus than take blame.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's what is funny to me

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

And to be fair, we pay him like a great coach and he works for a big time program with great facilities. If one knew nothing about college football, one would very reasonably conclude this is a championship caliber coach with a very successful track record.

That's the weirdness of it all. UT athletics is not a meritocracy. I mean, neither is life, but there is no semblance of it in that AD

10. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

All part of the 20-year plan to win the SEC East.

It starts with 3* bricks...
    Then the analytics kick in...
    Then you got your 5* hearts...
    You win the Championship of Life...
    Then you move onto Bobby Boucher's "Life Rules of an Aquatic Engineer"

At this point, who can possibly guess what's next?

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

On his slogans:

12. NorrisAlan

So....he admitted that people talk about his shit ass quotes because it is the only thing to talk about at Tennessee?

Is he mentally impaired?

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

You know he is.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Think about it, if he wasn't coming up with quotes, he'd have to actually perform football related activities. A'int nobody got time for that.

15. NorrisAlan

I know he is, but, damn, you think you understand how impaired and then he goes and opens his mouth again.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

"Easier to talk everyone into thinking your doing a better job than you really are at Cincy."

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He is either really naive or its a ploy to get the media to attack him in search of sympathy from the fans. I used to think he just didnt know any better but it's like he's trying to draw fire anymore

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The only thing we can possibly gripe about is his slogans. So that's why they're so heavily discussed.

19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Thought it was hilarious that while telling the media that his slogans were over talked about, that he took the time to mention his latest one, DAT, Details, Accountability and Toughness. I literally started loled

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dumb Ass Taglines.