Music City Bowl Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 4, 2016.

1. MWR

MWR Contributor

It can be done. I've went over 61 years without having a dip.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Posted this in the Dome Gatlinburg thread but is it just me or does wearing the Smoky Gray unis seem a bit inappropriate as a tribute?

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

With all due respect, **** this bowl. If we didn't have a coont for a coach, we'd be playing in the Sugar Bowl, or likely better.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't see the problem. I think they should auction off some of the helmets and/or jerseys to raise some money.

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I can see that. Hopefully it will raise more awareness and/or encourage folks to give what they can.

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Like Butch giving 100K

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I've got a buddy that tells me if he lives until 80, he's starting again. Why the hell not?

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

No offense intended, but dipping has always grossed me out. The ejection of brown liquid and accompanying sounds was plenty enough to keep me away.

9. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

A friend suggested they auction the unis for charity. AND NEVER WEAR THEM AGAIN.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I never had a desire.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Pretty gross when somebody else does it. I mean, I was all classy and stuff, but when somebody else was dribbling spit down the front of their shirt it was kind of foul.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The old man we cut tobacco for used to give us chew. He told us we wouldn't get nicotine poisoning if we were used to it.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

It helps. That a bad sick.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Anyone that hasn't walked 3 acres of tobacco with a sprayer on their back early in the morning when there's a heavy dew has no idea just how much nicotine poisoning sucks.

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

The one time brother gave me some while we were stripping tobacca I bout passed out. I said you can have that crap. I think we both about passed out, his was from laughing at me tho.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I quit for 6 years. Last year after a few rough games, I dipped an entire can while mowing and lining the baseball field. Stripes were a little off and I buzzed like hell. Been quit for about 7 months now.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's a habit that I have cut back on but haven't been able to completely kick.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

How does one even get started dipping/chewing/smoking? Do you look at it and go "man, that looks like fun" or "that seems delicious"? Or is it purely peer pressure (especially among sports player)?

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Working in tobacco

20. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I'm 43 (for context). I played baseball all of my youth and high school years and everyone dipped. It was the baseball culture. There wasn't a stigma attached to it and no one cared that you were 14 and dipping in the dugout. Most all my teammates dipped then and I would assume still do.