Music City Bowl Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 4, 2016.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That's still a ways down the road for me but I hope I can. Or sooner.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Him referring to Peyton slippery balls during a radio broadcast was some of the best unintentional comedy ever.

3. cpninja

cpninja Member

At least you have that

I've only been watching UT Football since 2008, so aside from Kiffin's one year of "hope", this current s***show is my high point

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've not said a curse word in front of my son yet and he'll be 7 next month.

Mumbled one holding my daughter when she was a month or two old during Dooley last season.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I had already moved down to pouches. I'll throw one in occasionally if I'm watching football and out of the house. I've had maybe 3 in the past year.

If you have trouble quitting, just open up a can, hold it under your nose and look at pictures of tub girl and blue waffles. Aversion therapy.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Cold turkey in August.

Wake up every day wanting a dip. It sucks.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I live in Nashville, 7 blocks from the stadium gates, and I ****ing hate the Titans. I can't tell you how many times that I would've normally been able to watch my Packers, yet NFL rules state that you can't show any NFL games opposite the Titans when they play at home. Plus, those ****ers block off traffic in non-sensical ways on game days. The first time I tried to get out of my neighborhood and on to I-24 it took me 45 minutes of sitting in traffic. I wish they were owned by the Haslams.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It gets better. I used to dream about it.

I quit in 2013. I turned 40, I took 2 hunting trips, and my son, who called it my "yuck," started asking me questions like "Why do you use that yuck" that I couldn't answer.

Dill pickle helped with some cravings, but peanut M&Ms are what saw me through. Good luck, it's worth it.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I had stopped dipping when the wife went into labor with our first. Was dipping stuff called Back Off. When I stepped out to get a pinch of the stuff (after 22 hrs of labor), my bro-in-law handed me some real stuff & said that I needed it. Benn back on it ever since. And he's been quit for 5 years now. I should kill him.

10. JayVols

Dizzy Dean was calling a baseball game once on TV when the cameras focused in on a couple making out in the upper deck. They kept going back and showing them. Of course, ole Dizzy couldn't resist & had to comment. Finally, he claimed to have figured out their pattern. He was kissing her on the strikes & she was kissing him on the balls. No, it wasn't intentional.

11. JayVols

I've started to let a few shits & asses fly around my oldest. I think I did well for 13 years. My dad came out of the womb saying the word, shit.

12. cotton

There are some situations where I really want a dip. Hunting, fishing, and after about 5 whiskeys, to name a couple. I know, though, that if I have one, I'm back on it. It's the slippery slope that has kept me from making the first misstep so far.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My sons are 10 and 11 now. I still don't swear in front of them much, but my youngest hit his shin on the coffee table a few weeks ago and danced up and down "Oh man oh man....****![for unlawful carnal knowledge]"

I simply stopped him as he was walking by, said "I don't want to hear you say '****' anymore, OK?" and that was that.

I was 10 and 11 once. I am sure they both swear like sailors at school.

14. InVolNerable

The only type of cussing I'd take issue with would be pointed, like "**** you".

Cussing after doing something like hitting your toe is instinctual and makes you feel better.

http://www.healthnews.com/en/news/Profanity-Can-Be-a-Powerful-Painkiller/0NCd03NvX9NAvuoOOjwQt3/

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I can't even smoke a cigar, cause I know as soon as I get any nicotine in me, its on. Yard work, long drives, and any home improvements are the worst, for me. The dreams also suck.

This is the longest stretch I've ever gone sans nicotine. Back in the day when I "stopped," I would smoke cigars on some weekends when I got a bad craving.

To tie this back in, I dipped at the MCB against North Carolina in 2010.

17. InVolNerable

This should tie in to the aversion therapy as well.

18. cotton

I'm sure I did, too. Watching sporting events was right up there with hunting and drankin.

19. JayVols

I dipped during the MCB & will dip during this coming one.

The event that makes me want to have a dip is being awake.

20. cotton

Shuddup about it.

I'm going to go eat some peanut M&Ms.