POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If I were the owner of that restaurant, I would kindly tell the man that "I'm sorry that the picture makes you feel unwelcomed and as the owner I am letting you know that you are welcome. However, I like the picture and this is my restaurant so I choose to keep it on the wall. If that is unacceptable, as a one time courtesy your meal is free today and I'll leave it up to you whether you choose to come back to my establishment. Again, you're more than welcome to return."

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is the ultimate trump card (no pun intended) that would turn 50 years of legislating through the courts on it's head in one election. Woo buddy, want the Federal government to be all powerful? You are gonna get it.

Can we call a special election next week to get this going?

Tenacious D likes this.
  3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

In one post, you’ve shown a substantive and previously unforeseen concern, and which TennTra hadn’t considered, or even conceived.

Because like every liberal, he’s a pie-eyed idealist, at his core.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

"Emperor Trump"

Rolls off the tongue.

Gonna need a new VP though, Pence ain't Vader. Cocaine Mitch gonna need a promotion.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Night of the Long Fries will take care of Pence.

Tenacious D likes this.
  6. Tenacious D

I now support illegals being allowed to vote in elections involving the schools in TennTra’s districts.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Actually the example I laid out was one where you do not fund it and you are not directly (or indirectly through the children you represent) affected by it. So....no.

8. Tenacious D

Start your own school in Honduras.
    Let anyone vote on it.
    The rest of us needn’t suffer your silliness.
    How quick can you get a visa?

9. Tenacious D

Such a rich tapestry of diversity in Honduras.

You should check it out.

Oh, so diverse.

10. TennTradition

That’s generally why you don’t keep retirees in Florida from voting for loca school elections. They fund them so it makes sense.

The point here is that non-citizens (be it resident or illegal aliens) actually do pay all or a lot of the types of local taxes that fund schools. They also have children - often citizens - in those schools. The statement I continue to stand by is that it is ridiculous to say that a locale doesn’t have the right to allow these non-citizens to participate in selecting school system leadership, if that is what the locale wants. There’s no law preventing it and given they both fund it to some extent and are directly affected by it trough their children, it creates room for a reasonable discussion, in my mind.

11. TennTradition

You should tell kpt that since he was the first to evoke the preferences of other countries.

12. TennTradition

No, I’m just willing to accept that other views than my own can and do exist and enjoy both being confronted by them and pointing them out to others.

13. TennTradition

We don’t allow it here. As I said before, I’d have to see how it would be implemented before I’d agree to vote for it.

But I’ve heard from you that this district has no right to extend to non-citizens the right to vote on the issue. So you’re now going on record that districts do in fact have that right? Otherwise you’d never support it given your belief in the supreme rule of law, correct?

Good, glad we now agree on this.

14. TennTradition

No....actually not at all.

15. TennTradition

Here you go again focusing on other countries.

16. TennTradition

Do you actually believe this?

Of course I’ve thought about this and made the case clearly above if you cared to stop and listen to it.

If you do believe it then you have graduated (or been demoted?) from eccentric oddball to out of touch asshole who has no interest in the discussion but rather is just focused on proclaiming your version of facts.

Not that you do or should care one iota, but I believe it’s eccentric oddball but I’m not sure how to square that with what you’ve stated above.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  17. TennTradition

Literally given to non-citizens in places like Maryland and California today and in the past in almost all states (but almost 100 years ago). And there has been no successful challenge that I’m aware of that the constitution or any laws on the books prevent these entities from extending that right for state or local elections.

18. TennTradition

Obviously this fluffs my feathers, but....

It’s shocking that someone who constantly decries the self-superiority and elitism of liberals would lay down such a condescending and self-important analysis such as this.

Clearly, o paragon of conservatism, you and those like you are the only ones capable of thinking through such questions that require the pragmatic understanding that only a conservative lifestyle can afford. As a result the others are not as much wrong as they are simply incapable of such high-minded thought to allow them to arrive at the only correct and ordained view there is to have. Gray is a tone given only by a blackness that is so dark that it can only exist in as a void as large as the vast mindless idealist dark matter that sits between a liberals ears - and this gray only exists to pollute the white shining light guiding us to the city on the hill that is the Conservative truth.

Thank you, I think I get it now.

19. TennTradition

Since this is the Facebook thread, let me use a recent meme that’s going aound to just sum up your point:

We hated Obama the way you hate Trump.​

The difference is we hated Obama because we love America.​

You hate Trump because you hate America.​

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Looks like a conservative fan fiction reading broke out in here today.