POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what made it fireable starting 3 months ago and not before that?

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there's plenty of people who have been fired. i'm sure someone has written an article. go for it.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Change. Things change.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You think people just started getting fired in the last 3 months?

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m good. As it’s your claim and not mine, unless you have anything further, we’ll call this one closed and chalk it up to another Dramatic Droski episode.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

for saying all lives matter on facebook? yeah.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wow you really aren't paying attention at all to the world today are you?

zehr27 likes this.
  8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Brother, I have scoured google for canceled people who have filed bankruptcy and there’s nothing there. So I guess nobody is paying attention.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

getting cancelled is actually lucrative, best I can tell. you become a victim and martyr, with speaking engagements

10. fl0at_

It's kinda hard to be both simultaneously pro-business owner's right to fire, and pro-workers right to not be fired.

But we got it, today!

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don’t think the average dude telling black people not to riot on Facebook and getting fired is doing speaking engagements.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you can still agree that someone has the right to do something and think that they shouldn’t be doing it.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who got fired for saying "don't riot"?

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there was a woman who got fired and doxxed for saying all lives matter, don’t riot and get educated on her Facebook. There’s entire twitter accounts dedicated to getting people doxxed and fired.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Saying "all lives matter" at this point is not an innocent remark. It dismisses the issue as if it isn't relevant. Not saying she should be doxxed or fired, but I've seen people really dig their heels in and show their true beliefs when confronted on these things. Depending on where she works, it may not have been in the company's best interest to keep her on if she indicated that she doesn't think there is an issue with black people being killed by police-- which is what saying "all lives matter" means when it has been explained to you and you insist on repeating it. Much like "Save the Whales" doesn't result in "ALL MARINE MAMMALS MATTER"

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it’s giving into mob mentality. I don’t feel too sorry for her, but I do feel sorry for her kids if she can’t get another job. Mom saying something mildly stupid one night on Facebook shouldn’t cost her her livelihood imo

17. fl0at_

These are contrary rights. So supporting both is... contrary.

If you support a business' right to terminate an employee for a good or bad reason, then you don't actually support an employee being terminated for a bad reason. You're doing lip service.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I believe someone has the right to cut me off on the freeway, but I don’t agree with it

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

They have the RIGHT to cut you off? No, there are traffic regulations.

20. fl0at_

Cutting you off isn't conflicting with anything. It'd be more analogous to a pay decease (decreasing driving speed).

An equivalence would be saying you think someone has the right to run you off the road (thus terminating your driving), but you think they shouldn't.

And there is no right to run you off the road.