My new favorite website

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Feb 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

http://harddawn.com/are-militant-atheists-using-chemtrails-to-poison-the-angels-in-heaven/

Oh, we're asking questions alright!

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The homepage of that site is rather scary.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm pretty sure I just got this IP address on some kind of list

4. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Thread title is a slap at the 8th maxim, TennyD, and all that is good and wholesome in the world.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

7. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

wow. i got a good forty-five minutes out of the website . . . then i got to the justin bieber article.

just. wow.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

So the website is a satire. We all get that right?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're a satire.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Burned

11. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

i doubt it. how can we tell?

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Lol. I don't really know what to tell you. But I'll try. Sometimes the proof of the pudding is in the eating. You just don't have to read more than a couple of stories to figure out what the websie is trying to do.

First, I'm not saying there aren't people out there that don't beleive many such things. But I have never met one that far out who can actually put a full grammatically coorrect sentence together, much less a well-written article.

Here's an article that wants to eliminate the creative class. It's a dead give away to me--ass are most of the others.

I have never ever ever in all my years and experiences in conservatrive Christian circles met a single person who even begins to think like that about art/artists. Pol Pot himself never said anything that strong/unequivocal. It would not even make beleivable dystopia fiction.

Finally, the author of this and many of the stories goes by Stepheson Billings. And he works at christwire.com which is a known satircal site.

Here's an article on that one:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/04/us/04beliefs.html?_r=0

13. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

The easiest thing to do is stick with The Onion.

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

15. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

there may be egg on my face.

you're right, i've met people whom are both stupid and bigoted enough to believe these things. and you're also right in that i've never met anyone that stupid and bigoted yet that eloquent, come to think about it.

so, what you're really saying is . . . not everything on the internet is what it appears to be.

i can comfort myself with the idea that, as far as satire goes, this is really, really good. and that, fortunately, i like eggs.