My New (Temporary?) Avatar

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Hey, anyone want to offer some feedback on my new avatar? It's an aerial shot of the house of a couple of good friends. Haven't spoken to them in ages, but I've been meaning to. Call me sentimental, but I just like being able to see their house, and remembering that I know exactly where they live, obviously, amongst other things.

It's temporary for now, but depending upon the reaction, I might make it permanent.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2012
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I like it. I say make it permanent.

I bet your friends are good people too that would be utterly embarrassed and heart-broken if their kids were total annoying douches, right?

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I wouldn't be too tough on him, Tigger. The only error the kid has made is (naively) believing that you could just wander around different neighborhoods knocking trash cans over, and because one block of houses allowed it, that everyone would. Unfortunately, that isn't the case, and eventually, you awaken to find a note of warning from your new neighbors....neatly folded, sitting on your nightstand.

Some people just need a moment of pause, however long-overdue, to reconsider both their aim and direction. Hopefully, that's the case here.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Needs some landscape work, jmo, vfl. If you speak with them, you may want to mention that.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

It may be just me, but as an avatar it does nothing for me. Then again avatars are personal, and if you are satisfied with it, use it. You shouldn't worry whether we assholes like it or not. With age comes a "don't give a shit what everyone thinks" attitude, at least it has for me. I believe I am not alone in that philosophy here.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Avatars, this one no different, should be made permanent.

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

That third fence panel from the left needs some work! I say keep it, its different!

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Teared up after ready the story behind it. Good stuff Tenny.