My thoughts on the game.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Oldvol75, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Our staff doesn't feel the urgency.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

It's like they know they've got 5 years to win or something. Butch can recruit and kiss the babies all he wants, but if the wins don't come, it doesn't matter. The whole fan base finally saw Dooley for what he was after Florida 2012. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to Butch down the stretch this year or next. Gotta believe that Butch know Bajakian sucks a hard one. I saw something out of Butch I liked today. He chewed the st coach' tail after the onside kick

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's got 2 more years guaranteed

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Yep, the cure was officially discovered today.

5. yont sum iss?

By the way, Derek Barnett is our best D lineman by a mile. I'm loving that guy.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Bajakian is the most inconsistent playcaller ever. He will abandon things that work to do things that play to our weaknesses.

I like the defense, for the most part.

Only complaint is Bajakian.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He scripts his opening drives well. Everything past that is shit.

8. yont sum iss?

He's an ass.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yep. He looked like he did his homework on the first 2 drives then forgot what made those 2 scores.

10. Beechervol

Be nice to get him some help in the future

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Instead of running the read no option on 1st down I wish that we would just tell the refs that we want to start with 2nd down and 10. We would be better off.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Guess I'm out of it. Thought peterman did ok. No protection for him.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He had no time at all in the pocket

14. yont sum iss?

It's coming if we can make it to signing day. I'm more worried about the o line though.

15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

We have what should be some good interior linemen coming in.

Not sure if Jack Jones is an OG or a RT. Perhaps either Coleman Thomas slides to LT or Blair finds his ability to not be a waste of a 4* by next year.

Depth at OT will be scarce though. Dylan Jackson? It's thin. Losing Richmond hurts.

16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I think they ought to shoot up Workey's elbow every week. His accuracy down the field was spot on after he came out of the locker room.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Whatever they gave him needs to be in his every pregame meal.

18. Beechervol

Drugs and black sleeve

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I was extremely pleased with a handful of throws Worley made today and I'm really liking the Worley Wolfe connection.

Defense got toasted on the ground but less than I feared. At one point, Hurd had better numbers than Gurley. Not by much but that was good to see.

Offensive line gave Worley some time today but that's obviously still a huge problem.

Sutton knocked a RB out of the game. I like it. Secondary save a spot is still looking solid.

JRM just has it. Plays with such instinct. That LB corps will be alright.

Receivers need Pearson back.

We took advantage of a weak UGA secondary at times today. UF will put up a better fight than that. But they don't have Gurley. It'll be interesting.

I had fun watching the game today. I was frustrated at times but dang we were in it the whole time on the road with an extremely young team. We completely stalled when Worley went out and the D stiffens up. I think we win had Worley not gone down. First, we don't fumble away the FG there so the end of the game completely changes. Second, Worley was moving it. We get at least 3 more during that stretch with him under center.

Also, we didn't run shotgun at the goal line on Hurd's TD!!!

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]