National Signing Day

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by kptvol, Feb 6, 2013.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I don't want good people, I want coffee drinkers.

2. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

So - no party going on in this thread? We have Butch Ficken Jones leading the charge to the promised land of fast cars, good liquor and loose women with all the NC trophies!

He gets no top players that weren't already recruited by Dools and didn't already have UT as their top school with the exception of Dobbs with his elite eleven status. That's what we get from the best staff in America? Really? A class rated #20, 25, 29 and 32 by the recruiting services, which realists knew would happen. All of that for the #13 highest paid HC and $3+ mill in staff salaries. They only had "31 days to recruit this class", except they already were recruiting them for other employers and many of them had already committed to UT before they got here. UT "sold itself" per the coaches. Except when it doesn't. They also won't be selling me any tickets anytime soon.

And for you Charlie Strong fans - Clint Hurtt probably killed his class at #50+. But, hey, he got a nice raise and estension to ease his pain.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That pretty well wraps up National Signing Day 2013.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it can be wrapped up as big swings and big misses for Butch. I can't blame him for that, just hope next year he doesn't miss.

Rihayd Jones is a starter at one of the CB spots this year

Dobbs is the QB of the future, it wouldn't surprise me to see him start the last 3 or 4 games of the 2013 season.

Weisman is a 3 year starter at OG

North is an immediate contributor at WR

Harris is an immediate contributor at WR

Quinn is an immediate contributor at TE

Carr is an immediate contributor on the DL

Jabo is an immediate contributor

Reeves-Maybin will see a lot of playing time, just not sure where. He's a damn good ball player.

Vereen will see a lot of time on special teams

Foreman will be a special teamer

Jenkins should see the field quite a bit at WR

Lemond Johnson, since he was an EE, will probably see the field somewhere in the defensive backfield.

Miller will play sparingly.

Sutton will play sparingly

Kendrick will RS

Sanders will RS

Brown will probably RS

Bransiel needs a RS to get bigger, depth may force him to play this year. He's a solid prospect.

Smith will probably RS

My predictions for this class.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Next year has to be top 10 and heavy on the lines and LB.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

4 OL
    4 DT
    3 DE
    4 DB
    4 LB
    2 RB
    1 QB
    2 WR
    1 TE

Plus however many you can oversign

7. chavisut

I think its somewhere between 29-31.

Add another OL, LB, WR, and DL. A kicker if possible.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

If Dobbs isn't an All-SEC QB by the time he leaves I'll be stunned. His arm-strength isn't there yet, and I dare say this, but the kid is a spitting image for Tony R.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I know the kid has decent speed, but how well does he run? The couple of videos of him I watched last night didn't show him running at all.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He has some runs buried in the senior highlights too. But he's pass first, for sure.

[video=youtube;r3JxbwcPuKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3JxbwcPuKM[/video]

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Another one.

[video=youtube;zXCKE7coc4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXCKE7coc4k[/video]

12. chavisut

There are some individual runs up on YouTube. I think he will be able to pick up first downs.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Chris leak, imo.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He's five inches taller than Chris Leak.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think I've ever saw a qb throw a perfect spiral like Leak. Every ball he threw was perfect

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I saw him play in high school in person. He threw a great ball but those teams were loaded (Mohammad Massaquoi, Joe Cox, Hakeem Nicks) with D1 talent. I think they won like 74 straight games or some nonsense.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've always thought the same thing. Perfect spiral every single time.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I hope so, but from his highlights it looks like he was playing almost exclusively against teams Kingsport middle schools would wear out.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I hope the kid kills it, because, as I've said, a good QB can mask a lot of ills, but I don't like the film I've seen posted here and the lack of strong offers is somewhat telling.

OTOH, I like the heck out of Riley Ferguson.

20. vcoile

vcoile New Member

This kid will be running for his life after next years O-Line graduates. He has the skill to become all SEC but skill will only take you so far if you are laying on your back after taking a snap.