NC State 9/1/12

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 26, 2011.

  1. CardinalVol

    CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

    Seems to me that this is Cal 06 all over again.

    Dooley has lost 75% of the fan base and the other 25% is still quoting the company lines of "youth, lack of talent, and injuries". My guess is a loss in this game will officially start the countdown.

    Given a coach whose best career win is over a team technically still alive to win the big east, I think the bandwagon to find a new coach will be at max capacity after that game.
     
  2. IP

    IP Advanced Pruitt Apologetics Bot

    So you think Dooley survives the offseason? I guess odds are he will. But I highly doubt anything less than 8-9 wins gets him a 4th year.
     
  3. CardinalVol

    CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

    Ill be surprised if he's fired unless big jim decides he's seen enough this weekend.
     
  4. tidwell

    tidwell Chieftain

    Rampant emotions following something that hasn't happened in over a quarter century aside... I too would be shocked if Dooley isn't the coach next year.
     
  5. JT5

    JT5 Super Moderator

    I could see Mike Glennon picking us apart. Hope not, but wouldn't surprise me
     
  6. WM

    WM Active Member

    Could be a Cal in 06 or UCLA in 08 type of outcome. Either way it could dictate the short term future of a head coach.
     
  7. kptvol

    kptvol Super Moderator

    Cal 2006 was considered a top 15-ish team. NC State carries no such water. Beating them proves nothing. That's a Vandy/UK type game. Everything to lose, pretty much nothing to gain.
     
  8. CardinalVol

    CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

    Oh, don't think I am saying NC State is any good. I'm just saying it's going to be a "fun" offseason and that game pretty much will decide what happens to him. No one really knew UCLA was the start of the end for Foolmore until the game started.
     

Share This Page