Need opinion of the 8th folks...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by MaconVol, Apr 24, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yep. Seeing it happen first hand.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Part of mine was being told I didn't have to be evaluated but having an administrator who wanted to for the hell of it.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

How in the hell do you do an eval for in-school? You don't even have any standards.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Tell me about it. And I can't get an answer.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

To be honest, that sounds like someone just wants to [uck fay] with you, or has something against you.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Get in good with the chemistry teacher.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

One of my friends teaches/coaches at Fairview. He teaches 12th grade Econ, I believe, and his eval scores come from 11th grade English. WTF is that?

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm in the same boat. 1/3 of my end of year evals come from shit that I have no hand in teaching.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Aren't you phys ed?

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yes, but we don't have an end of year test to be evaluated on so we are forced to take on one from another subject.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Im gonna sit this one out. I went to college, despised every minute and went back to farming and eventually ended up in a trade.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ridiculous.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I didn't despise going to college but I'm nowhere close to using my degree in my job now.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Probably the main reason why I quit. No need going into debit for a career I wasn't gonna like.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I managed to escape relatively debt free.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Yep, me too. It's pretty easy now to get out of undergrad with little to no debt. Unfortunately, the same can not be said for law school.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If you are young (relatively speaking), aren't married, and have no kids or other pressing family obligations, do whatever the hell you want. If you screw up, that's okay. Better to do it now, learn from the mistake, and patch things up later.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think in another life I'd be very happy farming.

19. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

I'm in the same boat, looking for a job in education.

But I feel like I'm leaning more and more towards just finding something else to do. Not a lot of stuff can be done with a Music Ed. degree.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You could always look at grad school.