Neighbors from hell

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Feb 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Prompted by IP's current situation in Denver.

Mine would have to be May 2005-April 2006 when I lived in Franklin. Lived on the bottom floor of an apartment complex and the guy above me was a total and complete douche, and that is being nice. He was a recent divorcee and got his 5 kids every other weekend, ages 2-9 in a two bedroom, roughly 1000 square foot apartment. The kids literally ran around so much that they would cause stuff to fall off of tables in my apartment. They would wake me up at 6:30 every Saturday morning going bonkers. Despite repeated visits, calls to apartment management, visits with friends of mine who could bench press 350 and played D-2 football, nothing changed. It eventually got to the point where I would leave town every weekend he had his kids.

I was out of town the weekend the idiot moved out. When he did so, the moron forgot to unhook his washer from the water line when he pulled it out. I'll let you guess what happened. So, like sane people, does he have the water turned off, tell the people below him there is an issue, etc.? No. He just lets in run after he leaves. The guy that lived next to me did some music mixing/recording on the side, and this moron ruined about 10K or so worth of editing equipment with this guy. The dude never apologized, spoke to us, even leave a note. Somehow all that happened to my place was that the kitchen/laundry room flooded with no damage and the apt complex had it taken care of before I got back. As my now wife said when I called her fuming, she was very glad I wasn't in town when this happened, because otherwise I would have gone to jail.

Our entire floor ended up throwing a part the next weekend because we were so glad to be rid of him.

Yours?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Reminds me of last year when the building water main busted above my kitchen. Was a good thread on VN.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I lived in the middle, which is the worst of the worst. The guys above me would do God knows what at 3 or 4 in the morning, waking my newborn son, thus waking us. The family below defined dysfunctional, constant partying,blarring music, smoking pot, getting hammered every other night, fighting, you name it.

So glad to be out of that shithole.