New Chancellor

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’d think that was an academically ho-hum CV if she’d been hired as MTSU’s Spirit Week Coordinator.

It’s gross.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Gross. I don’t see how she beat out “Perpetually Vacant”.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't have any strong feelings. If she is here for more than 4 years, I will wonder why she ever came here, but as is it seems like a short term caretaker.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I did think "growing student enrollments" at a state flagship is like bragging about knowing how to tie shoes. Demand outweighs supply.

kmf600 likes this.
  5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Need to get back in the Playboy top 10 party schools IMO.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

These are not serious times and this is not a serious institution right now. Just another example of "higher education" jumping the shark. Burn it all down

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No joke. TN kids getting turned away with 25+ ACT scores and good gpas.

8. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

Don’t worry. Schools like Alabama are glad to offer them scholarship money and further erode loyalty to this state’s flagship university.

justingroves likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ole Miss is ridiculous out of state freshman cost. Gotta be close to 40k. UT does the same and doubles their money on out of state kids while other Tennesseans are turned away.

10. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

When I started at UT in 72, I think it was about $500 per quarter.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Is Tennessee actually turning away in state kids for out of state kids with lower scores? I was unaware that is a thing.

12. Ssmiff

i'm not 100% sure. I do know some smart kids with good scores who have gone to bama, auburn or ole miss due to not being accepted to UT, and end up paying 10k+ more per year, building another state's economy more.
    The qualifications to go to UT now are avg ACT of 27? An 18 got you a spot in '87.

13. RockyHill

Bama and Ole Miss I know. I’m not calling you a liar but that would surprise me on Auburn.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

this discussion needs facts. I don't know them.

15. Ssmiff

One guy sent his kid to MBA at 20k+ a year, and his daughter to st Cecelia. Neither qualified to UT.
    I cant imagine spending 200k on HS educations, to then spend another 80k a year on out of state tuition to send my kids to ole miss, unable to get in the state school.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Auburn is essentially a remedial school, but with more cow [uck fay]ing and dumber students.

17. RockyHill

Because Tennessee students aren’t measurably the same. Lol.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

They are absolutely and indisputably immeasurably better if only based on the fact that they chose not to willingly live in the state of Alabama, and the city of [uck fay]ing podunk, cow-[uck fay]ing Auburn on top of that. No other metrics are necessary.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

spending 200k on HS educations has no bearing on merit for admissions. paying out of state for old miss is clear evidence that 1) the student is not competitive enough to warrant a scholarship virtually to any flagship state school and 2) a "big school" is valued by the parents and student more than the actual education, as community colleges, MTSU, ETSU, and Chattanooga collectively offer everything under the sun and would facilitate possible transfer to UT in 2 years.

Life is full of disappointment for many. Being able to spend over a quarter of a million on school without reevaluating its worth while doing so is the sign of both great blessing and good fortune. it is not a sign of shrewdness or financial acumen. imagine what a 20 year old with an associate's degree, transfer papers to UT, and 40 grand in cash might do versus an 18 year old going to ole miss for 4 years.

justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

80 grand for Ole Miss. Lord have mercy.

A-Smith likes this.