New NCAA Investigation…

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JT5, Jan 30, 2024.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That’s one of my favorite commercials of all time

IP likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

This case may well be the kill shot.

zehr27 likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I wondered why I suddenly got an erection 30 minutes ago.

This has been needed for years, and I am glad my Alma Mater was the one to get it done.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ok need a layman’s summarization as to what this means.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

NCAA NIL rules are unenforceable until the trial or lawsuit is settled. And Tennessee/Virginia have zero reason to back an inch.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tennessee is protected from penalties regarding NIL until this case ends, which will be months. At the moment, the judge is indicating Tennessee is likely going to win on the merits.

The NCAA has some options: drop the investigation into Tennessee completely, continue to fight to retain its NIL rules and wait to proceed with the investigation until after the case concludes, or continue to fight to retain its rules and shift the focus to this being a booster thing rather than an NIL thing.

Regardless, Tennessee is dragging their nuts across the NCAA's face and it is highly likely that if they try to shift to this being a booster thing, an even bigger court showdown will materialize and the come-uppance will again ratchet up because then we could be seeing individuals AND the state AND the school seeking DAMAGES.

All JMO and from my non-lawyer understanding, with a little prognosticating. The nuts across the face is very real, though.

TDVol1989 and 10SEvols like this.
  7. CardinalVol

Writing in Skrmetti for President. Simple as that.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guarantee you this man is locked and loaded if the NCAA shifts this to a booster rather than NIL thing:

tvolsfan likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, where is the big article? Let's hear it, Pat.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yall lay off that guy, his heart is broken

tvolsfan, SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. Ssmiff

Gracias.

12. CardinalVol

I really really wish hat were here for this. He’d be having the time of his life.

zehr27, TDVol1989, Tar Volon and 9 others like this.
  13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Does this mean that they will come after us for cookie cakes in the hotel room now?

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He would also put the legal speak into plain English for me.

15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Gets a win? LOL. It's over. The NCAA will leak they've stopped investigating UT and are looking to reform NIL rules again.

justingroves likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like saying Connor MacCleod got a win over the Kurgan. There can be only one, [itch bay].

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

The NIL attorney/professor Paul Finebaum is talking to, Darren Heitner, is painting an even bleaker picture than I thought. The NCAA can NOT go after boosters while this injunction is in place. They're [uck fay]ing dead in the water. Freedom rings.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What the hell is the difference between the owner of Shoneys giving an NIL and a "booster" giving an NIL? What even is a booster now? NCAA is toast and trying to turn the clock back to 1957.

Well, it ain't happening. Good riddance you sorry sacks of shit that couldn't even enforce the rules when they were enforceable.

Unless it was Tennessee. [uck fay] em, hope their rotting corpse can be seen and smelled all the way from Indianapolis.

SetVol13 and IP like this.
  20. Ssmiff

Mmm. Fudge Cake as a kid was delightful, and also a good cleanser