NFL Black Monday Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Dec 30, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Shaping up to be one with lots of carnage.

The leading candidates and my thoughts -

Romeo Crennel (likely)
    Chan Gailey (likely)
    Mike Munchak (gone)
    Andy Reid (gone)
    Ron Rivera (likely)
    Jim Schwartz (probably)
    Pat Shurmur (gone)
    Lovie Smith (if they don't get in he's gone)
    Norv Turner (how's he still there?)
    Ken Whisenhunt (gone)

Wouldn't be completely shocked if Garrett or Coughlin are surprise firings either. There are my leaders, and there is always at least one out of left field.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The Mike Munchak hiring. Greatest personnel move ever.

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

No chance coughlin gets canned.

4. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Would have to agree. I would be shocked if that happened.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Still makes me mad. Might as well have just stuck with Fisher, if that is where they were going.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Meanwhile, St Louis is getting better and the Titans are getting worse. All that over Vince freaking Young.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Coughlin won't get fired the year after winning the Super Bowl.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, but retiring wouldn't surprise me.

9. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Bud Adams is an insane person.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Fisher might have just needed a change of scenery, though. The Titans had sort of leveled off and needed some new blood, in my opinion. Munchak was not that new blood, however.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

They leveled off because the folks upstairs thought they should be calling the shots.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

They leveled off because of Vince Young and Bud Adams wanting Vince Young to stay.

Munchak retained, btw.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Which is not unusual in the NFL. I'm still of the belief in the Spurrier Philosophy that coaches shouldn't remain in the same job for more than 10 years, except in rare circumstances. Fisher needed a new, fresh start.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm shocked Ryan managed to keep his job. Also wonder if we'll see Garrett's name pop up in the next few days.

15. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Did Chip Kelly fail in the interview process or did Phil Knight put together a package that rivals what the NFL can offer? I'm anxious to see what Kelly's compensation package will consist of at Oregon.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think chip is an egomaniac who loves the attention. It's also pretty clear that neither team was giving him personel control which is what he wanted. he's really screwing oregon's recruiting by doing this though.

17. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

You think so? I mean, he honestly doesn't recruit the same type of players that the normal powerhouse BCS conference schools recruit. Well, except for O lineman. I don't know ... I think he may be there for a while now but I could be wrong.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the only position he doens't recruit the same players for is QB. Every other position he's trying to get the same guys cal and usc are. Now a good deal of oregon's recruiting problem is eugene is a craphole, but kelly pulling this crap certainly can't help.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm more curious as to what happens if Kelly gets hit hard with the (IMO) impending NCAA violations. I've got to think there is a decent chance he gets a show-cause based on what we have seen recently.

20. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

A show cause? Damn, I didn't realize it was that solid of a case. I haven't been following it at all. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.