NFL Draft - 2020

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Apr 22, 2020.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I don't get why everyone is so enamored with Love.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We're also coming off a season one game away from the Super Bowl with an all-time great QB and a a team with some obvious distinct needs across the board.

And, we pick a guy who will be a back up for 3+ years. I thought for sure it would be Patrick Queen when they traded up over teams who didn't need a QB. [uck fay]ing morons.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

A Gump and a [uck fay] Auburn player.

kmf600 likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

5. CardinalVol

Rodgers is apparently pissed, not so much that they drafted a QB, but that they had promised him to get him a weapon.

6. Unimane

Gute is a decided mixed bag as a GM. I like most of his free agent signings, but his draft work has been frustrating. This year and last year I'm sitting there saying "Just don't pick this guy..." and he does. Last year, he signs two pass rushers in the Smith Brothers and then draft Rashan Gary, a dude who underwhelmed at Michigan and produced little in his first year. Then, he has a team with a bunch of holes, but still made the NFC Championship, and he drafts for 4 years down the road with a QB who led the country in INTs last year.

I would be pissed if I were Rodgers, too. We can win now, so what are you doing to make sure this happens?

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Does Rodgers know the draft goes on tonight, and then tomorrow as well? And that the WR talent is the deepest it’s been in a while?

8. Unimane

Probably pissed off this continues the pattern of have never used their first round pick to get him some weapons, leaving him with the scattered shit he has to throw to now.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

15 consecutive years, I think I read, that Packers have not taken a WR or RB in the first round.

10. Unimane

Yep, or a TE.

I just don't understand. You can win now, right now. You have a top 5, at worst, all time QB running the show for a few more years. Why draft like you're the Cleveland Browns? Plus, this is the second year in a row you've started your draft with guys who had poor seasons in college and, somehow, expect them to be better in the pros.

Seriously, Aaron Rodgers has really masked what has been a pitifully bad front office for a long time.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But Rodgers is looking old. I don't blame the new GM getting a QB at all in the first round. Rodgers is not long for Green Bay, if I had to bet.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They were never going to be in play for the first 3 WRs. Unless they traded up, which was possible. But then what if they had to overpay to get one of them? There were 6 WRs taken before their pick, 5 if you want to argue they should have made the move the 49ers made. Do you think Rodgers had in mind the 6th-7th best WR in the draft?

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Packers need Jauan and DeAndre Swift

14. Unimane

They did trade up - to get the 4th best QB who won't play for two years, at least, threw the most INTs of any QB in the nation last year and no one really wanted to draft at that point. They, clearly, coveted this kid, which is mind boggling, considering there are Jordan Loves in every draft.

Plus, you argued this is a deep WR draft, so why wouldn't he be happy with the 6th-7th WR in the draft at #26? Because the WR who would've been available there, like a Tee Higgins, won't by the time round two arrives and, if you wanted to move up in the 2nd to get a guy like him, you just foolishly threw away a draft pick to help make this happen.

Again, they were one win away from the Super Bowl and their still great QB had one guy who was better than decent last year in Adams. That's it. Rodgers led them to 13-3 and the NFC title game with his 2nd best WR being a guy they had originally waived earlier in the year. They can win big now and did zero to help make this possible, picking a guy from Utah State that did jack shit last year. It's unfathomable.

Hell, I wanted them to pick Patrick Queen at that moment.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Regarding Love, the counterpoint is the worst time to be looking for a QB is when you need one. To which I also get it’s valid to be concerned as to whether he’s the one.

My question was only what would Rodgers consider a weapon. Yes, I consider it to be a deep WR draft, but if he’s pissed they didn’t get him a weapon, who did he want or not want. Where did he draw the line between good and not good enough.

16. Unimane

I understand. I guess I would think, from Rodger's perspective, is they spent their best draft pick, for which they should have gotten the most talented player they could've in the entire draft, on a guy who will do nothing to help them win a Super Bowl in the next three years when they have a chance to do so. It's just the more I look at Love, the worse the pick appears. An organization like the 49ers is lapping them in terms of getting personnel.

17. Unimane

Darrell Taylor to Seattle.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  18. Unimane

Packers draft a RB in the 2nd. They have no [uck fay]ing clue what they are doing.

Packers need an OT, WR, ILB and DT. Their first two picks are for a QB and RB.

19. CardinalVol

If you are gonna go this route just trade AR and get a kings ransom for him.

20. Unimane

This also means they are not looking to pay Aaron Jones after this season.

I suppose they are just replacing the good players they have, at this point. I'm sure the next pick will be for Mason Crosby's replacement.