NFL Draft Success

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by RockyHill, Feb 20, 2017.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I saw a Saturday Down South post showing the best 10 year stretches in terms of NFL draft picks by SEC teams. '07-'16, Bama had 58. '94-'03, Tennessee had 68. Thought that was interesting.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

[​IMG]
    07-09 Bama only had like 5 players drafted too. Give it 3 years, and they'll be #1

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Pretty impressive for a school that can't recruit because of instate talent.

Nevermind the fact the state of TN just had a 3 year stretch it never has had in the past. That I remember

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That stretch does not look to be slowing down. Just need a coach now.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And there's the argument for Fulmer's horrendouscoaching

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, all the folks who follow this stuff close (including you) seem to think the demographics are favorable now.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People are pouring in to the mid state area and a lot of NFL guys are staying around after they retire

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They really are. The amount of talent in state compared to years ago is crazy and it keeps coming. Also all of Georgia kids that actually grow up Tennessee fans because of the proximity is a bonus too.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

A lot of ex Vols that did not make it in the pros are coming back and settling in.

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Is there more talent north of ATL than I realize or more kids in greater ATL growing up TN fans than I realize?

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A ton of Tennessee graduates head to Atlanta.

I was also surprised how many Georgia natives were Tennessee fans

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Both

13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

You are all welcome. I've been here 40+ years spreading the Vol gospel... It's starting to pay off, I see...