NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

All’s well that ends well, lol!!

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This was called a personal foul on the Bengals. What the hell is the defender supposed to do?

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

refs are a bigger factor than they ever have been. I guess they don't want any ducking of the head and penalize the action as much. He's obviously trying to go low on a bigger dude, who slows down and lowers his whole body. Basically, big fella was hesitant and db penalized. Terrible call, unless again they want nobody looking at the ground at contact. Hard to keep your head up when you are a little dude trying to drop a shoulder into the legs of a bigger rb or TE.
    If they are going to keep this up, they need to stop letting the ballcarriers lower their heads at contact

IP likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've been saying that for years, but the response is that it is a "natural movement" for ball carriers. Nevertheless, if helmet to helmet contact is forbidden, you can't only call it one way without it getting absurd. And if you won't ever call lowering the head on an offensive player, all you have done is taught the offensive player to lower their head any time contact is anticipated.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

And the defensive player to go for the knees to avoid any chance of contact with opposing player’s helmet.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

RIP Titans season.

NashVol11 likes this.
  8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

With the way they use him, I’m honestly surprised it took this long for him to get hurt. Was beginning to think he was an actual alien

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Titan fans are quite weepy

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

*creepy

Savage Orange likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm going to laugh when Mekhi Sargent comes up and does well

12. NorrisAlan

As a Dolphins fan, all I can say is:

[​IMG]

13. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Not many players more important to their teams than Henry, and this is the one season of the Mahomes era where the Chiefs look vulnerable. It’s objectively pretty terrible

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Tannehill got banged up too.

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Rams are sending their second and third round picks in next years draft to Denver. They only have a 3rd, 5th, and seventh round pick in next years draft.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they think they are a Von Miller away from winning it all, it is the correct move and attitude. It really makes more sense to make big moves when sitting at 7-1 than at 0-0, if you think about it.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

"My dad's stud fee has really gone up the last few years." - Peyton Manning on why there are not more Mannings coming up.

VolDad likes this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Mahomes throws a crucial pick in a key moment, and they get the Giants for offsides. Okay, fair enough. Then they call a phantom facemask to move them into Giants territory.

Rough.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Absolutely. The goal is to win a championship, right? The window doesn’t stay open long. Do everything you gotta do to win one when you can.