NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Another horrid roughing the passer call

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The league wide overreaction to the Tua thing is ruining the NFL. League has got to be able to compartmentalize and address Tua’s situation without making basic textbook sacks illegal. Ridiculous call. Somehow that was even worse than the Brady call yesterday

VolDad likes this.
  3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Why would he do that instead of tying the game up? Some Coaches think they are too smart; and wonder why they are fired.

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Welcome to the Josh McDaniels experience

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Last play on 4th down might have been a worse design than what Jimbo dialed up Saturday night in Tuscaloosa. 4th and 1 and every eligible receiver ran a route 20 yards down field with two of their receivers running over each other. Yikes

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Eventually someone is going to turn over game decisions to an AI.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I haven't watched a single minute of the NFL this year. It just doesn't seem like football to me.

8. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

I’m seeing this more and more in CFB and the NFL. Need three yards on 3rd down? Better make sure ball gets enough hang time to compare and contrast the inner lives of birds, bats, and bees as they experience flying through the lens of three different animal groups.

Drives me insane even as a neutral.

9. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

That was called by the worst ref in the NFL, Jerome Boger. The positive is he inadvertently used reductio ad absurdum to highlight the league’s ambiguous and unworkable mandates. They are overreacting to the Tua situation and things will get better eventually, in the short term. Long term this is the future.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

At some point, defenders are going to at least get their 15 yards worth.

NorrisAlan and Equine Ducklings like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tua should not have played the second game. Simple as that. Their own rules were broken.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

And the entire NFL is now paying for the sins of the Dolphins bungling the rules that were already in place.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

At this point, they should just put them in no contact jerseys and a couple of flags on their waist.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I hadn't seen that "roughing" of Brady until today.

Hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha

If that is how it's going to be, just kill the sport now and get it over with.

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He may have gotten his 15 from the dive this time, but the next time a defender has an open shot like that on him, Stafford will be standing up with three collarbones instead of two.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

Just turn the NFL into a 7 v 7 league and get it over with.

edit: had to edit because the 7 in the font used in this forum seems really low and runs below the other letters: 7v7 7 v 7

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

18. NorrisAlan

Thursday night NFL games have sucked since it's inception. Tonight's just carrying on the tradition.

19. Ssmiff

Again, I’ll take bad HS or college football over that game all day.

utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  20. Ssmiff