NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They would have had about 1:35. Hard to guarantee a score in that amount of time but they would at least had a chance.

IP likes this.
  2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Also, the Eagles totally botched the end of the first half. Had the ball with 15 seconds left and a timeout. Plenty of time for two shots at the end zone, yet they called a pedestrian pass play that went for three yards, then let the clock run down to four seconds before burning their timeout to kick the field goal.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Though the call might have been cheap, I found Olsen protesting so vigorously comical. If that had happened to him going out for a pass and it were not called, he would belike a 2 year old pitching a temper tantrum.

IP likes this.
  4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

5. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Probably had money on the game.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I appreciated it. 99% of the time the announcers shill for the refs

7. JohnnyQuickkick

In other news I completely forgot Trey Smith was actually from Humboldt

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Best thing about the super bowl outcome: the bammers aren't out claiming another natty because their castaway QB won a super bowl.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Trey Smith won a ring, so I think the call at the end was 100% correct.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Smith looked dominant. What an absolute bargain for KC.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What?

If you don’t like him, that’s fine. But he’s played at latest 15 games in every season but his first, and he was 3rd in YAC last year, so none of those things are true.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Chiefs line was biggest surprise. I didn't think they could stop the Eagles front 4. They played excellent.

VolDad likes this.
  13. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Weak call. Still don’t really trust Philly to score if they got it back.

People I was with were saying the “game was over” at halftime like they’ve never seen Mahomes play before. Just a matter of time before he’s widely considered the best to ever do it.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Still can’t believe that call. Don’t care if it was a quick hold or not. Goes on almost every play and was a bailout for a under pressure heave by mahomes. If he grabs and prevents a catch, fine. That was nothing. Georgia would be a .500 team if that was called.

justingroves likes this.
  15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It was hold, but it wasn’t much of one and it was a hell of a time to call the first defensive holding of the game.

I’ve seen some Twitter debate about whether the receiver would have made the catch or not. Some say yes, some say no. I’m not really sure, but I’d have liked to see it play out without the contact. Would rather the refs just let the players play it out.

I’d be pissed if I were an Eagles fan (or Bengals).

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t think it held him up enough. Ball had to come out early with Mahomes getting pressure and appeared to be 10 yards overthrown. Hold was a split second

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No uncatchable with holding, IIRC. I don't think he gets to it either way though.

By rule, sure, it was a hold. But not enough of one to throw the flag for the first time for it in that situation.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah I don’t think uncatchable can have an effect on whether it’s defensive holding or not either. That debate is more so about why he even held the WR in the first place and did it matter.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

I always assumed they put them up for you

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I said it several times last night and I’ll say it again today

The best part about that game was that Philly lost and all the Philly fans don’t get to celebrate a championship

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.