Nichols commits to Tiger High

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by alumvol08, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Gotcha. Well, I have faith in Cuonzo Martin's recruiting and evaluating, but Nichols sure would've been nice

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Wholly dependent on what kind of season he has. He'll have to show he's significantly expanded his game to be a legitimate first round prospect for the 2013 draft.

3. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

It would be tough to make that determination now.

4. robvols

robvols Member

I blame this on the Bama game as he was probably not interested after watching the football team get their ass whooped.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I seriously have no idea what these kids see in Pastner. He must be a salesman from hell because he certainly can't coach to save his life.

6. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

You think that's gonna be different at Memphis?

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Do Memphis fans actually believe they can win big with Pastner? Or do most realize he's a terrible coach and want him gone? Or do they realize he's bad but are ok with keeping him around due to the level he recruits at?

I guess I could understand them wanting to keep them around if they realize the Calapari days aren't coming back and that's forever the glory days of their program - which is fine.

8. This is just salt to an open wound. I blame Dooley.

9. robvols

robvols Member

Football there is irrelevant so he knows basketball is the center of attention. He doesn't have to worry about watching football.

10. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I think most fans are still concerned with Pastners ability to actually coach but no one can deny his ability to recruit. That keeps him around.

11. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Very true. But a lot more money/effort is being put into football and the Big East should improve its quality.

12. robvols

robvols Member

You would hope so but the Big East is more of a basketball money maker than football.

13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

So I wonder what the Memphis posters who said that Cuonzo was paying Nichols to come here have to say now?

14. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

True, but we are currently getting 1.25 mil from CUSA and will get 7.0 mil from the BE at a minimum. That's money our football program could sincerely use.

15. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Your check bounced?

16. robvols

robvols Member

Unless it is getting diverted to the basketball program

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

What type of new ride did Goodfellow hook him up with? :D

18. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

He dont care about yo credit, he cares about you!

19. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

New AD has already started shifting funds toward football.

20. robvols

robvols Member

That's good for a change