No More Staff Changes Other Than Baggett

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Dec 5, 2011.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Hiestand, Chaney, Joseph all to stay per 247 Sports. [uck fay]ing retarded move by Dooley.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's forced our hand. We have no choice now. Operation Volunteer is in effect.

[​IMG]

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If Tennessee is going to keep Dooley, let him cast his own fate and make staff changes as he sees fit.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Not suggesting Dooley shouldn't be able to keep and fire who he wants. I'm saying it's a stupid decision to keep two guys like Chaney and Hiestand who have proved to be failures when your career is hinging on next year.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's just being given the rope to hang himself.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Beat me to it. He has acquired the rope, tied the noose, slipped it around his neck, and with this move he has kicked the chair out from under himself. Complete insanity. Of course, very little Dools has done makes any sense.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

All of this is fate giving me a big fat dose of karma for reveling in Alabama's total collapse a few years ago.

9. Is this staffing plan mother approved?

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

11. Beechervol

Ive mentioned this before but he is stuck.

1. Too few changes - problems still exist, fanbase is pissed.
    2. Too many changes - while in the long run they need to be made, they could back fire, or take too long to come through in the swing season. (which is next year, as bad as this one was)

Rolling out the gate 11-14 (and how he did it) handcuffs you in year 3. Its stay the course and hope, and flip it upside down and hope. Either way, he's stuck.

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

OCI on VN has mentioned Gerald Brown with the Atlanta Falcons as a possible RB coach.

13. Beechervol

Yeah. I saw that. Ex. UT GA

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Would much rather have him than Jay Graham.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm still waiting on a new staff out west to come after Wilcox.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Bullshit. He's no VFL!

17. Beechervol

The aftermath.

[​IMG]

18. WM

WM Active Member

*staph

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I actually would rather have Jay Graham. It may be completely stupid, but I think he's a proven recruiter and I'm not sure about Brown. I mean we hope he'd be able to recruit well. Neither would be bad hires, but I really just want another excellent recruiter, and I think Graham is more proven at this point.