Now accepting donations...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

for the "send Indy to Panama with his football team" fund. We are doing a program called GlobalFootball (I think) and we are going to Panama to practice and play with some club teams down there. It's pretty expensive though, so anyone who wants to donate and help the cause is welcome to! :)

2. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

How much do you need?

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

$2590-2790 depending on where we fly out of. If my facebook friends come through and donate the $2 I asked each of them to donate, I will already have $1920! Come on 8th, I know you got some money collecting dust in the bank that you'd like to donate to a good cause!

4. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

You can put me down for $20 if you can enough for the entire trip.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'll keep it in mind! Thanks a lot for your generous donation! Between you and facebook, I am now at $22.86! Getting closer by the minute!

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Shouldn't you be having a carwash or something?

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If it comes down to it I might. I just figured I'd ask my friends first!

8. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Going all Sab on us, IP?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Aw man, I walked right into that one. Busted. Now I can't donate lest there be a paper trail.

10. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

Can I get my name on your jerseys as an official sponsor?

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Get in there nice and deep-like.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just so you guys know, I am being totally serious. I have already raised $56.86!

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Have you thought about starting an account on rockethub, Indy? I am using it to try out the relatively new concept of "crowd-funding" science. Sounds like you could use the site for this.

Here's my project. It just started, but hopefully it will snowball at some point. Project: Climate Change in the Cradle of Civilization | RocketHub

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah a friend of my mentioned trying something similar to this. I'm not sure if people would really want to fund my trip. It's not related to academics much at all. It's just for football and spreading the sport. I'll look into it though. Was that you in the video?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes it was.

There are plenty of non-academic projects on that site and others that do alright. It would probably help you get that 2 dollars per facebook friend if you had a video pitch and a brief written explanation.

I have no idea whether my project will be successful in raising funds or not, but it will give me something to show people from now until the end of my research.

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

It is a very well produced video IP, now I know why you wore a hat.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Been catching lots of hell about that. I dont really think about it unless i am going in the sun.

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Nice receding hairline. I have one as well.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess I should have made a video for funding my membership fee to Hair Club for Men. That's what is getting noticed.

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

You might make quite a bit of money doing that. And it could then all be donated to your real project.