Now that it appears to be over

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Beechervol, Feb 3, 2016.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Jennings is the other likely move to safety.

TK Jr potentially at Shoop's star position.

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Outside of a handful of plays, Randolph was a poor man's Cedric Kline. Let's not act like he had anything on Berry other than seniority.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

McDowell

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My point is not that the class inherently sucks. It's that Butch's only chance in succeeding always was and still is completely outclassing the rest. You can't do that with this kind of class. If Spurrier or Mullen or Petrino or somebody like that recruits a class like this, I wouldn't bat an eyelash. Tons of people can make this kind of talent work, but Butch has proven he's not in that group.

5. chavisut

UGA's class is really good. Otherwise there isn't a better one in the division.

Bama is gonna Bama tho.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Honestly we were only 2-3 big time prospects away from this class being highly ranked. Throw in Brown, another good RB and maybe an OL and we're probably close to top 5.

I think the on the field performance last year affected our chances at another top 5 class. I think there's little to worry about with this class, as long as he wins big next year. If he doesnt, well then he continues to show why he's no better than a used car salesman. And recruiting will continue to fall off.

7. BigOrangeBeech

Yep. Only chance at Bama slowing down is when Saban retires.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Randolph wasn't a bad safety. He wasn't great, but he wasn't bad.

Evan was also a little overwhelmed in the one start he had against BGSU.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Berry was out of position a lot when he played. I expect that to change this year so Randolph is not a big loss

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That BGSU game was depressing.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I think the whole secondary was overwhelmed against BGSU.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

There it is. Thanks.

13. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Butch was hurt by not being able to sign 3000 players and offer them all immediate playing time. That's the way I see it. He might be saved by a better in-state group next year or some impressive results on the field. Otherwise, this could be the new normal.

14. chavisut

FWIW the previous two classes were both sixth in average stars. I do think the PT is a factor. Now we need to sell results.

Drop the 5 lowest recruits from either and they still would have been top 10 classes.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

16. chavisut

He gone.

15-0

GBFO

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Last two classes were sick no doubt. But that's what Butch is going to have to consistently get. And coming from me that's pretty optimistic, because up until the recent DC hire I didn't think it mattered what kind of talent he brought in.

18. BigOrangeBeech

I like it

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Solid. Expecting botch and sr to resign?

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Yep. The last time Bama had a class outside of the top 11 was 2006. And since 2008 they've had 7 #1 classes out of 9 (#5 in '10, #2 '15)(Rivals rankings). If you want to compete you have to pull top classes.

But stars don't matter. -VN