Obama Justice Department Was Involved In IRS Targeting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Dec 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i'd bet the farm on that.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So you admit that there is corruption?!?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Given the disparate enforcement of the terms, yes. But there is a context that seems to get glossed over. The IRS is suddenly getting bombarded with these groups of many stripes, and is trying to manage processing them. It does so by flagging ones that seem overtly political.

4. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Interesting that Bob Woodward continues to say he would be all over this if he was a young journalist.

5. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

it's a crying shame that there aren't any real journalist anymore.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't understand; are you trying to correlate corruption in the IRS and the DOJ's willingness to overlook it with the increase in applicants from "groups with many strips" ?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not trying to correlate. The correlation is there and not deniable. I am saying the initial problem of terminology vs investigation by the IRS came from this change in volume of applications.

I haven't said anything about the DOJ. The DOJ has always seemed to do whatever it wants in all cases.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The issue is that the progressive groups were targeted for different issues than the gop groups. Yes progressive groups were targeted, but not misappropriately like the gop groups.