Off Week Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 2, 2023.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Idk, but SC has a really terrible OL and we feasted on it, which a good DL should do

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

This kid learning more about the game and could be a great one. Looks like he’s wearing pads. conducting himself like a 22 year old senior as well.

tn_longrifles and Memtownvol like this.
  3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Yea he's very mature, he may turn out to be a special one. Very serious, focused.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

He has definitely been a bright spot on the defense this year. Glad to see a true freshman step up and play as well as he has early on.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don’t know if this has been posted. Knew he had been better this year but he’s been way better according to PFF, TIFWIW

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
    Volsdude likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a great in man coverage and usually blows screens up

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just that piss poor "tackle" attempt against Florida will forever be a bitter taste for me when it comes to Hadden

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That and the SC game last year are burned in people’s minds. It’ll take a lot to overcome it. Never will with a bunch of people

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And 2 3rd downs in UF game where we were in zone and he let 2 Wrs catch passes on the sideline who could’ve been easily defended, but mainly talking shit while making an average play while down 30 last year.
    More games like last week and people won’t care about any antics.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

FR. With that said though I'm not sure I've been more embarrassed at the behavior of a portion of the fanbase who actually boo'd him when I was in Knox last Saturday at Neyland during player intros. That was some low rent trailer trash BS and should never happen again to any player we have. Verbally boo our coaches whenever warranted. But not our players no matter how bad one may suck.

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Behavior like that from fans always kills me but Hadden’s reaction to all this stuff is a pretty big tell as to why we are at this point to begin with.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Is it bad though if I'm kinda on his side on this one? Like I don't exactly love how he has handled this publicly on Twitter this week, but I also am not unsympathetic to him lashing out about it either. I think he could have been more artfully diplomatic with how he has communicated his sentiments, but I totally get why he feels some type of way too.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the vols go 3-0 in October, they're finishing 11-1.

14. NorrisAlan

That would be some of the best coaching in my time of watching the Vols (since 1981)

Tar Volon likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sad day.

NCAA proposing to get rid of the recruiting photoshoot. Where else am I going to see 45 year old dads decked out in football gear?

16. NorrisAlan

Are they just doing this to flex on something they can flex on? Or was this a real problem?

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Social media mangers and recruiting staffers HATED these photo shoots. It’s a colossal time and money drain setting them up, and frankly, they’d gotten out of control.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Pretty sure it only applies to those on unofficial visits. I guess it had become the expectation of recruits that these photo shoots would take place on any campus they visit for the unofficial.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't like photos of guys in orange that never come here. [uck fay] em.

20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Less is more