Official Predict Tennessee's Final Record 2016 Edition

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Jun 29, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The correlation of his NFL success to his inability to prepare sounds crazy. His players couldn't stand him because he's a complete ass, so they didn't care what he said. He's the best defensive coach in the country. Pair that with great recruiting and he wins. The offense won with crap at its helm.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And seven other stupid new quips he has created over the summer.

He's the crappy quip King.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It could be Mizzou or Vandy, I just expect a loss to a shit team

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rightfully

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rightfully

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I was kind of expecting that last year too, but when there was a clear talent advantage tenn rolled. this is why I think you have to have A&M, florida, or uga under the "games tenn should win, but might get bortched."

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, scrambling QB breaks open fragile D. Strong D breaks bad passing O. With Dobbs, it is solid defense that does us in

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

True, but I expect the TAMU staff to be fist fighting eachave other

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

It always seems that when we do throw the jump balls, Josh Smith is who gets targeted.

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I can't remember that happening.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'm getting to the point where I'm no longer sure that giving Sumlin the job in 2010 would have us in a better place than we are now (although it surely would've made 2011 and 2012 a lot better)

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I mean, I'll probably be one of the loudest ones.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

dude can recruit. no question about that. even if he gets fired at A&M he will have left them in a far better place then they were before he got there.

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

true. also true of the guy we have now

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The talent would have been there, but he's probably gone after 2013

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you do wonder how much of sumlin's early success was kingsbury. he might not be kicking ass at ttech, but I respect him as a qb evaluator and play caller.

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I really do. Part of it I'm sure is wishful thinking, or Orange colored glasses or whatnot but there is no reason (other than coaching) that this team should not win at least 11 games this year. If things go horribly wrong I won't disappear or hide. I'll be right here to take my flogging and pay up!

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I think we go 11-1 and that loss isn't Bama or Florida.

19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

My opinion is that the "botch factor" will get cancelled out this year by players' attitude of "**** this guy we're winning this regardless". Example, the Georgia game last year. The attitude won't be strong enough to overcome all so I'm saying 10-2. I think we beat Florida and Georgia, come into the TAMU game riding high, slip up lose, lose a close one to bama, then win out after the bye week.

Personally, I see the South Carolina game after the bye week as a huge win for Tennessee points wise.

20. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Same. We have NOTHING.