Official Thread of the 2012 Cincinnati Bengals

Discussion in 'Sports' started by volfanjo, Sep 9, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Might as well start one. Week 1 a Monday night football match-up with the Ravens. Follow me as I complain about the myriad ways Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown will destroy the promising careers of AJ Green and Andy Dalton. Who dey!

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Interesting Monday night matchup. Two teams I think could go either way. At some point the Ravens D has to regress a little with age right? Is Andy Dalton as good as he showed last year or even better?

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

UT campus was always full of Ohio team fans. I never understood it.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

When I was there Ohio had the second highest amount of out of state students.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I hate everything about Ohio and their fans. Especially OSU.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Well, that just happened.

Marvin Lewis is a disgrace and I'm beginning to believe anyone that would work for that man is even more of a buffoon.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It seemed like Ohio and Virginia had as many students there as Tennessee when I was there.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The floodgates opened quickly.

I think of Eric Berry's college highlights every time I see Ed Reed take one back.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

How is Marvin Lewis still the head coach there?

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

So, the Bengals are 3-1 after beating some mediocre teams. (Skins were okay, but still). Nonetheless, you have to beat the teams on your schedule and they have done that. Observations, if anyone cares.

1. Jay Gruden is an outstanding young coach who has built an offense around the talents of Green and Dalton with undrafted free agents and practice squad guys. He is a star in the league.

2. Green -- barring injury or personal stupidity -- will be the Bengals second Hall of Fame inductee. If he played in a big market you'd never hear the end of his talents.

3. By luck of the schedule and having talented coordinators, Marvin Lewis will be retained as the head coach for another year. Ugh.

Who dey!

11. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Dalton to Green is a score on both ends for my fantasy team. About time. They've sucked today.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Marvin Lewis will be the death of me.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Hard Knocks returns... Bengals ya'll!

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They're a fun team to watch