One of Notre Dame's Finest

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zehr27, May 29, 2015.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

He didn't just kick a dog, he beat it to death. Someone should put a round in his dome.

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I have no use for anyone that abuses animals.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

His comment, regarding the incident of the girl who had accused him of having "inappropriately touching" her, and who later died, ostensibly ending the ability for any continued inquiry, leapt out at me:

Emphasis mine.

Your name was "pretty much cleared" in that, huh? I guess that's one way to describe it.

And why do the Falcons get a pass for having drafted the POS, albeit even allegedly? This is a huge pet peeve of mine (see: baseball, major league), when some sports organization, who must absolutely be aware of shit like this, still draft - and heap millions of dollars upon pieces of shit like him in the process - then get a free pass for dumping the player later, when he's really not done anything more than to prove that he is exactly the gigantic piece of shit that you knew him to be when you drafted him - gets a free pass for having done so?

Simply, had this just been some former ND player who went undrafted, namely for being a piece of shit, this is a non-story. But the Falcons drafted him and made him a millionaire, anyway. I guess it's the hypocrisy of it, really. If they didn't care that he was alleged to have "inappropriately touched" a female student, and possibly only escaped the investigation because she unexpectedly died....isn't it safe to say that they damned sure don't care about a living girl's dead dog.

Simply, this is just the Falcons bowing out to public pressure, and for a player that should never have been there to begin with.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

4th round draft picks aren't millionaires, but I agree with the rest

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there was a lot of smoke about that incident. she apparently was giving him a lap dance and he touched her breasts (which frankly any guy is going to do) and she freaked out. that's what multiple witnesses said. also she had a long history of mental illness before the incident so her killing herself can't necessarily put on him. obviously this guy is a slimeball, but that incident wasn't as clear cut as people are reporting now. I think there was a deadspin report on it.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As the GM for the Arizona Cardinals said, if Hannibal Lectar ran a 4.3, they'd diagnose him with an eating disorder.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Just win, baby!

8. CardinalVol

And there you have it. Just accept this reality and move forward with it.

9. hatvol96

You must not frequent high end gentlemen's clubs. Touching is exactly a good way to get your brains beaten out.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I had a buddy make change off the stage. He threw a $20 and pulled back a $10 and a couple of ones.

We were asked to leave, then ended up fighting our way to the parking lot.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he wasn't at a strip club. he was in his apartment. if a woman is grinding her ass into my crotch in the confines of my home, i'm going to assume grabbing her breasts isn't out of line.

12. CardinalVol

I cannot disagree with this logic.

13. hatvol96

Assumptions are how people become rape defendants every day.

14. hatvol96

Strip club bouncers love to fight.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don't know anything specific about the case, but I'm probably going to avoid sticking my ass in a guys lap if I don't like having my chest felt up. Regardless of where I am, because eventually it's going to happen.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm assuming this guy ain't great at reading the tea leaves, but the point is that even her account didn't suggest it was the crime of the century and he was never charged.

17. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

She was battling her own demons, this incident was the trigger. It's unfortunate she wasn't able to get the necessary help and that her life ended this way.

On the other hand, though police may have cleared Shembo in this case it's only a matter of time.