Optimism Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Jul 9, 2018.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I have this picture in my hallway.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I was 17 and had a pint of Early Times beforehand and another during the game. And went to Tapatios afterwards where a library card would work as ID. Was a fantastic day.

3. RockyHill

Charlotte is a town with an NFL team and mostly people that didn’t go to big football schools. I actually feel sorry for people that think NFL football is better. It can’t be explained.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is better, depending on where you are and went to school. In Colorado, the total NFL experience is lightyears beyond what I've seen in Tennessee with the Titans... But maybe that has to do with the fact that the Titans, Panthers, and Jaguars are all pretty new. It is apples and oranges to compare them to SEC programs that have been around for a 100 more years.

Different strokes for different folks.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

No 86 sugar bowl?

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I was actually looking for Powell's run but got sidetracked looking at other things. Then decided that there is no single highlight from the Sugar Bowl, and thus, can only show the one highlight there is:

THe whole damn game.

woodshed, NYY, kmf600 and 1 other person like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We watched this game going to Livingston to play. We won

Tenacious D likes this.
  8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I love the huge shoulder pads.

Ssmiff likes this.
  9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

According to Jon Reed, Pruitts been saying to everyone who will listen off the record that the Vols are gonna start out 4-0. He is confident.

10. RockyHill

God that’s awesome.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Basilio said something similar.

lylsmorr and IP like this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He believes they won't play like vaginas because he and his staff do not coach like vaginas

13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

WGWTFA

lylsmorr, NorrisAlan and A-Smith like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Science.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

One of the govols extra guys was on the midday sports talk station in b'ham today. He would not agree with the posts in this thread. That being said, the hosts were shocked that he said that he believed the game this weekend was winnable under the right conditions and that a bowl trip was possible even with a loss. One even went on to say there was no talent on the roster that you don't have a four-win season because of bad coaching alone. I understand what he was getting at, but I don't think a 4-8 roster is usually all that far from a 7-5 or 8-4 roster in most cases.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I love a vagina

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think some pundits fail to consider that we played half the playoff teams more than once in the past few years. If we were in any other conference, we'd be a perennial bowl team even with Butch Jones.

justingroves likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

2Maggitt2Quit likes this.
  19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't put too much stock in what a couple of guys who make a living off of talking about bammer and lil bro have to say about the state of Tennessee football. It will be a joy to see some folks proven wrong, hopefully.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pruitt thinks we lose game 5? Fire him.

NorrisAlan, warhammer and kmf600 like this.