outfoxed

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Jewbaccah, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Is a must watch on Netflix. Many may have seen it is from 2004.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What's it about?

3. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

It is a documentary of the creation of Foxnews by Murdoch. It documents how it has changed news and its use by the Republican party. It interviews many former Foxnews employees and experts they used to bring on the show.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Crack investigative work in this film. I would have never realized it otherwise.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The director's next project is entitled "Jerry Sandusky: Not A Good Guy."

6. CardinalVol

I hear he's also got a big expose into Bill Clinton's womanizing. TIFWIW

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Coming in 2013, "Chick-fil-a, bigot chicken"

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

"The OJ Story: Turns Out He Did It"

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Delicious bigot chicken

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

No doubt, that whole story is ridiculous. People are way too sensitive these days. I love me some chick-Fil-A.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If a business is closed on Sundays because they're churchgoers, it's a safe bet they don't agree with homosexuals on much.

I don't care what the owner believes as long as they have banana pudding milkshakes and chicken nuggets, I'll eat there

12. CardinalVol

I strongly, STRONGLY recommend trying a Chick-fil-a chicken biscuit with a Dunkin Donuts coffee. The coffee develops a taste similar to bourbon that burns on the way down.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

But why is it so ridiculous for people who disagree with their company stance to not eat there? That is what I don't understand.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Wonderful.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Totally agree, IP.

It ain't like they're being forced to listen to a prayer.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Maybe @droski can help us out with this, but I think In-and-Out Burger founders accept some of the same worldviews as their Chick-fil-A brethren. Wonder when those protests are coming?

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

in and out is open on sundays and as far as i'm aware they haven't publically come out against gay marriage. the only thing that even suggests they are religious is the bottom of their soda cups have bible quotes.

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I don't think there is an issue with disagreeing or not eating there but it gets a bit silly to make such a huge public stink about stuff like this. You have politicians from Chicago and Boston saying they don't want them in their city and you have the Jim Hansen company pulling Muppets from Chick-Fil-A and making a public issue out of it as well. It's equally ridiculous if anyone made a public outcry about the "gay" Oreo. It's not about what side you're on, it's about how everything offends people these days to the point that they have to make a huge public issue, demand apologies and orchestrate boycotts rather than just avoiding the place.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the chick fila ceo would have to be pretty stupid to not realize there would be a large backlash against these comments. i'm all for people eating where they want and companies only serving who they want, but people also have the right to protest as well. i'm hardly a gay rights marcher, but even i would think twice about eating there now. why? it just seemed unnecessary to make his views pulbic and he's flat out giving money to anti gay rights groups. it's one thing to come out and say you believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. it's quite another to spend millions of your companies money on the cause. actions speak louder than words. and if you are going to make it an issue, which he did, prepare to suffer the backlash.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Idk, I guess I'm not as much the type to take up on issues, if the product is good, I'll buy it.

I just think it's getting to the point that social media and news media take a one day story and turn it into mass hysteria. I agree that it wasn't a smart thing to say from a business standpoint and I understand why some people would boycott if they disagree. I just get tired of all the public bellyaching and "poor me" attitude that people carry around. It just seems that it turns into more of an issue about attention whores than gay people.