Per Hubbs, Janzen Dismissed From Team

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JZ1124, Aug 24, 2011.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

We returned 2 good players on defense. We just lost one of them. I'd say it is pretty big.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

From a talent standpoint, it's big.

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Devastate.

Did we ever hear/learn why he missed time in the Spring other than "personal" issues?

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

One day, there was a post that popped up on TOOS for about 3 minutes. It was quickly deleted. It said that Janzen had been in a treatment facility in west knoxville all spring, except for his meetings with coaches. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?

5. TennTradition

That's what I would hope. Waggner started the mock game tonight at safety. Teague and Coleman at corner...man I hope someone else steps up back there.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You don’t generally hear of people going into treatment for Pot but I was talking to someone yesterday who said it happens. Some people get addicted and require treatment. Apparently he is one of them.

7. Vader

Vader New Member

I know it really happens, but I can't help but think of that scene from Half Baked

8. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

A day later, this still sucks.

Hard to feel sorry for Jackson though considering how many chances he apparently had... but man. Bummer.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I seem to remember treatment being part of UT athletics substance abuse plan.

10. TennTradition

VolInAz is pretty adamant that this wasn't pot.

11. UncleNeyland

UncleNeyland New Member

I'll never understand the power of addiction, I guess.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could you ask him what his blog is? I forgot, and I'd like to get in touch with him.