Pitt Immediate Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 10, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't worry, I'm going to tear that son of a [itch bay] up.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good point.

Indy likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So. Um. Yeah. Wow.

Attached Files:

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If Alabama and Georgia make the playoff, 9-3 might do it. No easy task, but it may be enough.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's be real, here. Where are the losses coming, in this small and insignificant snapshot of the season? UGA and Bama and...? Kentucky maybe?

6. CardinalVol

There's just a big difference in my mind from thinking, yeah, if it works out it's possible, to seeing it in print from an independent place.

justingroves likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I understand. I don't really believe it at this point in September. But I will if we roll up against Bama 5-0.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm rewatching and the Pitt d-line was offsides without getting calls more than once.

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and Indy like this.
  9. Tar Volon

If we roll to Bama 5-0, anything worse than 10-2 would be a disappointment and anything worse than 9-3 would be a disaster.

Not expecting to beat both Florida and LSU but whew if we do

10. CardinalVol

We roll into Bama 5 and 0 and I'll be wearing orange body paint to work every day that week.

justingroves likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

And hands to the face.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Refs were bad. Glad they reviewed multiple plays to get things right, but would prefer they get it right on the field.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

After watching it all again, Tennessee was clearly the better team throughout and many fluky things had to happen to put it into overtime. The game could have easily been salted away in the third, and I don't think injuries made much difference in that.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

and OL with huge obvious holds, on Banks at least once around the neck, on their big runs.

15. Tar Volon

Connelly’s postgame win expectancy* had us at 89%, with an expected margin of victory of about 10 points. Honestly that sounds about right.

*An attempt to quantify a team’s chances to win a given game based on the statistical profile of how the game actually went.

IP likes this.
  16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

There were a lot of holds not called; it was almost like they were trying to make sure we did not kill one of their QB's on national TV.

justingroves likes this.
  17. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Don't want to go all Orange tint on my glasses but can't help but look ahead and think what an atmosphere it would be on the 3rd Saturday in October if we are both undefeated. Bama will demolish Vandy and A&M and they have to get by Arkansas on the road which might be a hell of a game. And we have to exercise the Florida ghost and hope the shitty LSU team shows up in Baton Rouge. But that is an instant slam dunk for College Gameday in the house and if we are both undefeated also a chance it would be a number one Bama versus us at worst as a three or four more than likely. That's the same day I leave for the beach and will be driving through Alabama for most of the day. I've already told my wife and kids that if by some miracle that we are undefeated that we will be stopping somewhere to watch the game and that the beach can wait a few hours.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I think Arky beats bama

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it's a hell of a football game but Bryce Young does something ridiculous to win it.

Memtownvol likes this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Like on Saturday

justingroves likes this.