Pitt reactions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 11, 2021.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You guys are being too negative lol

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'll never understand why when it's 4th and a foot, a coach chooses not to go under center.

warhammer and TDVol1989 like this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Being relentlessly negative is helpful to my mental health. I let up last year and paid dearly.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I still figure we’re more likely to beat Ole Miss, Kentucky, or Missouri than we are to lose to South Carolina, Vanderbilt, or South Alabama.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ok I was there and didn't see Hiatt early. Juat saw the ball with more air for a change

6. Ssmiff

Ole miss will score 55 on us

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I enjoy it the most when I’m not expecting an actual win but have some reason to expect future improvement.

Full nihilism is depressing, and expecting a win and getting kicked in the nuts is depressing.

Today I’m just not that mad. It’s been years since it looked like our coaches even appeared to have an actual plan

TDVol1989 and Memtownvol like this.
  8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just not who we are. I thought the announcer finally got one right. QB power would have got the job done purely based on a numbers game.

Memtownvol and Tar Volon like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Had the ball 1st and goal from 7. Had a chance to tie from 6 inches. Had the ball again on their 34.

10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They are getting a ton outta those guys and theyre very well prepared so I'm not gonna knock them one bit.

11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

That's what pisses me off the most. We haven't been that for a while.

12. Ssmiff

We also have a huge soph rb but choose a true freshman in short yardage.

13. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Why?

14. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Because USCjr is just as shit as we are.

justingroves likes this.
  15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I hope this staff stays intact for 3-4 seasons and CJH can start winning some recruiting battles because there is a lot to like about the effort and game planning in the sample size we've seen.

TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.
  16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I lean towards it not working out but I agree here.

17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

18. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

“Just as shit as we are” has led to a loss more times than not in the last 10 years. Pitt is probably just as shit as we are too. They just play in a candy ass conference so they’ll win 7 or 8.

19. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

We were -3 in turnovers, got hosed on that 3rd down call to tie the game, and generally got hosed for a lot of the game by the officials. Scored 34 points despite lackluster QB play. I think all things considered we’ve looked a lot worse over the last 10+ years.

They’re an experienced, solid team. I expected a worse outcome than we got today. Excited to see if this team can pull some upsets this year.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1. I see why they chose Milton over Hooker.

2. Hooker may be best thing for the O right now. Not sure he is in a month.

3. Hooked should have pulled it on the goal line. He could had pirouetted in.

4. Sloppy play beat us.

5. I really like what Heupel is trying to do.

6. I think Pitt will be a 8 or 9 win team ranked in the 20 to 25 range at seasons end.

7. Stricker is a really good QB. And did you know he's friends with Manning?

8. I'm frustrated, but I've not given up total hope on 6 wins.

9. We probably win with Evans and Cooper Mays healthy.

10. I was reminded of why I didn't get upset when Cade Mays originally chose UGA.

warhammer and Tar Volon like this.