Playoff Baseball...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NYY, Sep 30, 2013.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

There you go Votto and Phillips, earn those contracts

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If the Reds win this game, it is falling firmly on the backs of a bunch of guys that make peanuts

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

He wanted to make sure the guys who have been hurt all year got some work tonight. I'm surprised he hasn't attempted to warm Nick Masset up yet.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I firmly believe that Latos would have spun a gem tonight. Especially after last years shit show. He certainly wouldn't have let 30000 idiot fairweather Steelers fans get in his head enough to let Russell Martin launch one

6. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Just imagine if your two highest paid players were BJ Upton and Dan Uggla.

7. Vol by Birth

Vol by Birth Member

Changing the wild card game to a three game series would not make winning your division any less important. Instead, changing it to a three game series eliminates the chance of a teams season ending due to one pitchers bad outing or a freaky play or umpire call. One of the things that makes baseball great is that it is the quintessential team game and in order to win, and make the playoffs, you have to have more than one good player or pitcher. Changing the format to a three game series would allow the fans to find out which wild card team is actually the best and would add excitement to the postseason.

Winning the division would allow teams time to rest up and get healthy. It would also allow the division winners to avoid the chance of being eliminated in a shortened series.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If the Dodgers and the Pirates win their respective series, that will make this postseason much easier to stomach

9. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Come on. You know you want to chop.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Would rather raw dog a jagged ketchup bottle

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If the Braves play the Cardinals, I will chop, as I attempt to resurrect Osama bin Laden

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

30 million dollars well spent

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The Reds decided they lost this game in the third inning

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Now is as good time as ever before the first pitch.... I ****ing hate the Indians. ****ing hate them, their shitty ass fans and their shitty ass city. **** Cleveland.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

They'll probably regret starting a rookie.

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Not sure I get it either. He's only gone 6 innings or more 4 out of 10 starts, and 3 of those were exactly 6.

18. WM

WM Active Member

/
    And **** Boston, go Rays.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

First post season with a kid half interested, half wants to play. Regardless, wants to "watch the game with me".

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Automatically cringe every time Beltran comes to bat in October. He ruined me in 2004.....

And he still plays like it. That was a shot.