Poll: Does UK Win It All?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Mar 17, 2015.

Tags:
?

Will Kentucky Win It All?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    81.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see how strong the consensus is.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

1. Please vote if you aren't doing it as I type this.
    2. Which team(s), if any, do you think can beat them?

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I voted "No", because I do not want them to win it. That being said, I have no idea as to who will beat them, if anyone.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Arizona or UVA could beat them. The odds are in UK's favor, though.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think one of the biggest reasons for Kentucky's shot at an unblemished record is the relative lack of a solid group of great teams throughout the country. It seems like a down year as I've not been overwhelmed by this Kentucky team. Certainly, they are very good, but I've never thought to myself that I'm watching one of the greatest teams ever. Their accomplishment of an undefeated season would be one of the great seasons ever, though.

7. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

1. I voted 'no' because i think the even money is a little generous. I'd say a tad <50%.

2. Wisconsin, Duke, Arizona, Virginia, Villanova, Kansas, Notre Dame could beat Kentucky. Not likely, but within the realm of possibility.

8. Volsfan31

Volsfan31 Member

I don't want them to win it, but I don't think they lose.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm not a believer in miller in the tourney

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I voted yes, but I agree the vegas odds seem too high. I guess logically I should vote no then.

11. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

kenpom has it at 33.8%. 50% is driven by the hype and the fact there is no one team people can point to as being nearly as good. Splitting the difference between the two numbers is more accurate imo.

12. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

He took Xavier to the Elite Eight, stomped Kyrie Irving and Duke with a much worse team and came about as close as anyone possibly can to the Final Four last year. What's not to like?

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

His tournament record beats that of the vast majority of the other coaches in the field.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

perhaps I'm hanging onto lute Olson's Arizona.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

when the calling card of the best team is defense, it has a much better chance of winning it all than a team predicated on great offense.

I like KY for that reason alone. They can defend the paint every single night for a whole game. Foul trouble won't creep in and kill them. Someone HAS to kill the three or take advantage of the Harrisons and kill the midrange game. Getting beat by 3s is unlikely and everyone sucks at the midrange game.