Post Spring Practice Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Apr 26, 2021.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Would UT even be made aware if it was regular students? They were stopped by UTPD but do they even care to ask if they are students?

2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Accept he's not any other student. He's a high profile scholarship athlete.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's a student. If you want to treat him like an employee, employ him.

utvol0427 likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

When you commit to wear the T and potentially have your life set up for you with VFLs in business, or maybe get to the next level, eat like a king for 4 years and be the man on campus, keep your shit together. Yes they should be held at a higher standard and should expect so when signing. One mistake is forgivable. Repeated mistakes means you don't get it and need to go somewhere else and figure it out. Imo

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He probably would already be gone for his first stupid ass arrest if he were a regular student

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I really hope he gets his shit together but don't be a dumbass

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He also doesn't have a license.

8. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Is there any follow up with these kids after incidents like this from the team or is it “you’re suspended, don’t come around.”

Seems like it wouldn’t be a terrible idea to have some sort of system/protocol in place for kids with issues who are far from their support systems.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The amount of support available for these kids is everywhere. Programs bend over backwards to help their players succeed.

But you can only help the kids who want help.

NorrisAlan, Volokie, lylsmorr and 2 others like this.
  10. VOLinDAWGland

They are effectively employed, just not fully paid. They do receive valuable benefits.

11. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

True, but the trend is they want to negotiate.

12. VOLinDAWGland

No argument from me, I was addressing IPs silliness.

Volokie likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, no. There is nothing silly about it. They are not employees. You can't be "effectively an employee" but not paid. The word for that is not employee. I thought you were being sarcastic with your reply, as it is so ridiculous. The NCAA just received a unanimous decision from SCOTUS regarding their rules around athletes and compensation. I guess they are silly too.

If they are amateurs, then they are students. Apply the same rules as you would to any student. There is a code of conduct, this isn't hard.

utvol0427, SetVol13 and HCKevinSteele like this.
  14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Slater gone.

15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

We are just going to have to forever rely on freshman QBs to be the savior of these transfers never pan out.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Looking at UT's code of conduct, it is likely he would not survive a review with these sorts of incidents happening twice in a short period of time.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If you enroll in January and in June you have more arrests than passes attempted in practice, that’s probably a sign things aren’t going to work out.

A-Smith, Volokie and justingroves like this.
  18. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Yup, I remember being very jealous of the spread at Gibbs Hall. (Although I ate my share of Sophie Burgers)

TDVol1989 likes this.
  19. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Yeah those burgers in Presidential were floating in water…

20. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

I lived in Clement and they had the Flame Broiler grill and I'd always get the doubles. I'm lucky I didn't gain 100 pounds.

justingroves likes this.