Post UGA Thoughts - KingWebbsticles Edition

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by KingWebbsticles, Sep 30, 2012.

1. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

1. Firstly, kudos to Jim Chaney for one of his best called offensive games since coming to Tennessee. While we always seem to have some WTF moments, the playcalling was much better tonight.

2. In the same vein, nice job by the Oline and RB's. The RB's ran north and south, fought for the tough yards and the Oline opened some good sized holes.

3. Sal Sunseri should give his salary from this game back to the AD. I don't get paid if I don't show up to work, neither should he. It's one thing to not have the talent to stop an offense, but it is entirely different when the defense is constantly out of position.

4. I don't understand the blame Bray gets. People claim he isn't a leader on the field, but seem to ignore him talking to players, calming them, or encouraging them. People say he doesn't care but don't see his disappointment after his fumble at the end. We know his personality (brash, confident, fun) and we know he'll make a mistake or three every game. It will happen.

5. The team fought hard all game, until the final whistle. They had plenty of opportunities to pack it up and cruise to a 30 point loss. That being said, it took 2 1/2 seasons for this to happen. That's the problem.

6. Special teams were...ummm... special. I don't understand how they can't be fixed.

7. CP shows that needs to get as many touches per game as possible. Although, a little worrisome that he dropped yet another wide open TD pass. He is fun to watch though.

8. AJ Johnson is a stud, but didn't have the best of games. HE is just a little slow against the speedier WR's. You'd think a DC could figure out a way to not match him up against a slot receiver.

9. One of the best Dooley-coached games in his career here. However, it'd would not have been nearly as close had UGA not taken their foot off the gas and tried to lose the game in the 2nd Q.

10. 2 weeks to prepare for a pretty important (for Dooley) Miss St. game. So, naturally, we'll show up in Starkville like we haven't practiced in a month. I fully expect a post-hard game let down.

2. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Dooley had to use a costly time out. Dooley hired Sunseri. Dooley whines like a [itch bay] on the sideline.

3. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

True. True. True.

One baby step at a time. Next season we'll work on saving our timeouts. The year after we'll replace Sunseri. Dooley will always whine on the sidelines.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tiny dominated Jarvis Jones for the most part. That's encouraging to see.

Neal going north and south is great, he's stopped trying to make the highlight reel and just runs where he's supposed to.

McCullers does his job, I don't think anyone else did on D yesterday. Moore is a CB playing safety, which is fine if Brewer was athletic enough to come up and stop the run, but he can't and it leads to some embarrassing run plays on the D.

Bray is going to take a lot of criticism for this loss, but the fact two freshmen TBs went for over 300 yards on this D doesn't need to be forgotten.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Jay Graham probably deserves some props for transforming Neal into a running back.