Posted New Blog on Recruiting Class...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Feb 3, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

2. SaintBruce

SaintBruce New Member

Good article. Agree with all grades except RB.

Bourque is 6'3. He will be a hell of a linebacker.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Signing zero OL is an F.

I doubt you can find a Saban, Miles, Meyer, or Richt class without a single lineman.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Generally good stuff, although I tend to be on the "not a good idea to take 0 OL" side. Also, I'm pretty sure this is demonstrably false:

He said that you can't expect to have 100,000 fans at games and 35,000 at the Vol Walk and then have an "oh well, that's okay" attitude when you lose games you shouldn't. He said directly "We were giving our competition a lot of ammunition."

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He has said that. He did not say that when he was dishing out posting advice. He should have left it alone after making the comments you posted.

6. SaintBruce

SaintBruce New Member

Random question, I saw a link to a 1 hour video of the recruiting celebration but can't find it anywhere now. Anyone have it? Want to see Sunseri and Graham

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Exactly. If you are the head coach of football at The University of Tennessee, you don't start commenting on message board posts- positive or negative. It screams bush league.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Ah, I interpreted "failed to note" much more globally. My apologies. I tend to think most of what Dooley says is something any coach in his situation would be thinking, but he should definitely keep his mouth shut in situations like this. He's probably the most candid coach I'm aware of. That makes him very relatable for a lot of people, but it also means he says way more than he should in certain cases.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed.