Presidential Race The Immigration Issue

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 22, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

National ID is pointless. If you don't have it, you are deported? Deported where? Everyone tan goes to Mexico, everyone light goes to Canada?

Thing passes and I'll never carry the ID. Be more than happy to claim to be from Venice or Edinburgh. Just have the family FedEx my card to me when I get to my vacation spot, and re-enter when ready.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I prefer to think of it as protecting our national interests. It's on our doorstep and eventually will become our problem. I'd rather deal with more of it on that side of the Rio Grande than on this side. If their government gets a byproduct out of it, so be it.

3. CardinalVol

Southern for 26 years, now do to a loosely affiliated non-denominational.

4. CardinalVol

I guess I'm just naive enough to think that if allowed to execute properly, our military could handle these guys with somewhat relative ease.

It's just a situation where no one else is going to take care of it, so I would rather just nip it in the relative bud.

5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I know here in bama we have to show either a drivers license ,SS card . or your voter id card you get when you register to vote.

6. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

The law as written in some states...would require yo have it on you even if walking down the street. You run out with just some cash for a bagel in NY...no ID? Deportation holding cell...your kid walks to school you say? Forgets his ID? Deportation holding cell. It has actually passed I believe here in GA and other states but has not been enforced.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

They won't grab anyone's kids, just the brown kids? Because that is a huge problem too.

8. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I do not disagree that no one has enforced them to their extreme ends...but the way they are written it is certainly capable of that. I would not feel so secure that this is America and how could that happen...that has been and always was a fantasy. We get the freedoms we protect. Right now the American electorate is not protecting much. The laws are generally written in states requiring that if any individual cannot show proper ID then his or her legal status must be checked. If there is no ID this of course requires arresting and bringing to jail. Some states had this part thrown out. Some did not and are waiting to see if anyone actually uses this part of the law. I have not heard of a case on it yet. These clauses are commonly included in the wave of immigration laws sweeping states. The national ID program Romney has detailed would nationalize this requiring a new specific ID with electronic bar code. So if you did not have it...you go to jail. In theory we could start scanning these as you enter certain buildings. I mean it is straight out of some sci-fi flick. Romney has certainly lost my vote. I will just abstain if he is nominated. I will even say he is no longer talking about to national media. He is focusing on being anti-amnesty now. From what I can tell Romney is just very very stupid. Everyone acts as if Romney is just holding back in the debates the fact is the issues are way over his head and he has common enough sense to keep his mouth shut on certain issues.

I was looking at some polls and I think the vast majority of America is outraged by the ideas guys like Cain and Romney put forth...the problem is of the ones who vote it is much much closer. I would like to say the educated vote but it is not true.