Put up or shut up time (part2)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Sep 19, 2015.

1. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

.....torn. If we win, he gets credit for beating Florida and the OK loss will be marginalized and forgiven.

If we lose, ....11 straight and probably stays anyway.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I've seen this show too many times... Flurrda struggles with a few cupcakes initially and then houses Tennessee. And then struggles through a subpar season leaving UT fans to collectively wonder how we managed to lose to "the worst Flurrda team since Galen Hall".... Again.

3. Savage Orange

The Ok loss will never be marginalized or forgiven. Not by me at least.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

We do the exact opposite of what we should do against Florida, Dobbs throws 4 picks before Dormady relieves him, Jumper Jumpers a few times, we lose by a field goal because Florida is terrible and the times we do run we look good doing it.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Never underestimate the "our coach shits down his leg" factor.

6. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Unless Peyton finds some eligibility and comes to UK for the rest of the season you have nothing to worry about

7. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

I think yall beat them, fwiw

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

One of my fears with KY is not that they are more talented or that they are better coached (they are). I just fear that Tennessee will be at that stage of the season when they have figured out that they are not as good as was foretold, and reality setting in causes them to play extremely flat.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So if we lose this one, do the wheels fall off?

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not sure. Sadly, finding ways to lose to Florida has become a culture in and of itself at UT.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If we lose, I hope the wheels fall off. I don't want to lose, but if it has to happen, at least let it mean something.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I understand this completely. I know I have learned more from the many failures I've experienced in my life than I have learned from any one success. Too bad Butch and UT refuse to learn anything from any situation. Having a system is not all bad if you are willing to look at it as a dynamic set of guidelines. No football system should be static. Unfortunately, we have a group of folks in Knoxville that believe in blindly following a system that has been shown time and time again to be terribly flawed.

13. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Line is Florida -3

14. Savage Orange

So it's basically a pick'em game. Home team in a toss up usually gets a 3 pt benefit of the doubt...

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You know, the wheels totally fell off for Dooley in year two and we gave him another chance. I honestly think Butch could miss a bowl game and still be back next year. We are just completely pathetic.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Weren't Butch's second chances after Florida last year and OU this year?

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not for the majority of fans. He's still solid gold.

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think or 3-9 or 4-8 is the only way it even gets considered. And that's sad.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

To this point his best win was in year one. He got bailed out in a way by SC last year. It made that season appear a lot better than it was. It did raise the bar for some this year where it would have probably still been pretty meager.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If he goes 5-7 or 6-6 and Hart and Butch are not axed a question, then I will lose all hope. For we would be beyond repair.