Put up or shut up time (part2)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Sep 19, 2015.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am allowing all of this to get me angry again today.

Ohhhmmm...

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Honestly, besides UGA and Alabama, who do we have any business losing to left on the schedule? No one. 9-3 or better is what should happen.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Didn't even see that. Also went for it on 4th & 3 from the 17 and got a TD.

Clearly he's too busy coaching to worry about analytics. He needs to get his priorities in order.

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Should happen, yes. Will happen, low confidence.

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

You forgot to factor in that our players take more exams than players at other schools. Plus we've got allergy season coming on, that'll be critical to avoid. Did I mention that youth will be a factor that wears us down as the season goes on, we're really young.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't say it will happen or that there wouldn't be lame-ass excuses. I'm just saying the opportunity to save the season and take a step forward is still on the table. That window would still be open after a UF loss. and even after a UF AND UA loss. I guess what I'm really saying is a 7 win regular season ought to be enough to at least get Hart out.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've been saying this since April.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hopefully DeBord and Azzani too

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

it's really not about a win count. At the AD level, it's about a fan ambivalence count, which is generally measured in spending. Keep losing every game of any real consequence and ambivalence is pretty easy to measure. Like at the end of Fulmer's tenure, they'll try to turn winning or second in a horrendous East into the biggest accomplishment ever, since we're so young and all. However, fans know better at this point. When we have national relevance or people believe win can win games that have national relevance, then our coach will be doing what we hired him for. Otherwise, he's soaking up cash to fill cupboards.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is why Butch paraded around with the Tax Slayer bowl trophy and continues to talk about the future

11. No offense to the thread creator, but the title of this this thread should be - Put Up AND Shut Up Time. No more clichés, no more stupid slogans, and no more excuses. Just win AND shut up. On a side note, how has he made it this far without being able to utter a single sentence that contains an original thought?

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

you don't write your own music when you're first chair clarinet that I'm aware of.

13. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

that's where I am right now.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

15. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

C'mon - we have 45 kids who have never been on a plane flying to Florida in September. How could you possibly expect good play?

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

16 of our guys are breast feeding on the sideline between possessions for Christ sake. Let's give this group some time to mature before we expect greatness.

17. Butch Jones' speech writer.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm surprised that he's moved expectations so far the wrong way that people absolutely expect to lose to this garbage UF team. Losing at home in an embarrassing fashion to a garbage OU team doesn't help matters, but good grief.

19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

"This is what we do"

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is mind boggling. "We are only three games into year three, there is no reason to put these expectations on this game."

McElwain is three games into year one. They played like hot garbage on Saturday.

Win. The. Damn. Game.