POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Surely you don’t condone his behavior that day. Or is a smiling teenager in a MAGA hat standing silently actually that upsetting to you?

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The real story was how shocking it was the way the media lied and ran with a false narrative that the Native American was somehow victimized by a MAGA hat wearing teenager. Poor kid became public enemy #1 to the BlueAnon brigade for literally doing nothing

VolDad likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I do condone someone walking around in a public space demonstrating, yes. I don't have an issue with the other guy either. Nor do I have an issue with people writing and talking about it. Because, you know, free country.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wow, is he alive? Is he hurt? Did anyone... uh, do anything? Or is this massive hypocrisy by pointing to a faceless "them" doing "things?"

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You don’t care that a teenager was falsely portrayed to his country as a racist agitator. It is what it is

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

wasn’t just the media. Anybody who despises Trump was ready to pounce on the kid and not sure they cared if anything was accurate.
    I really can’t fathom hating people so much due politics enough to prevents rational thought, or every opinion is skewed based off red or blue and nothing else. That goes for any party. Too many do just that. Who said it? Who did it? I need to know because my reaction will be based on which way they lean. Ridiculous

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Probably because he had nothing

ole_orange and zehr27 like this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Probably because he had nothing

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yup. Plus I’m not sure how one could even argue for civil damages just because a loser walked up into your face banging a drum. Even if there was a civil case he could have won against the the Native American, why sue someone who likely doesn’t have more than a few thousand dollars to their name?

I do however get why he sued corporate media outlets for falsely portraying him as a racist agitator. God forbid he actually went on Fox News to defend himself against viral untruthful smears attacking his character. Whole thing was such an unnecessary and pointless story driven by lies and partisan click bait rage.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think "falsely" doesn't quite cover reality. He sure looked to be acting like a [penis]. It got blown out of proportion.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

And he lost because he had no case. Those who settled did so because it wasn't worth the cost of even pursuing a defense.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

What would he have sued him over, exactly? Being there?

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I readily admit the kid had a punchable face and smirk. First glance it looks the opposite of the truth. That’s where news should do their job instead of playing politics and ethical standards should take over, but again political bs means neither happens

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not that you nor I have any idea why CNN and WaPo settled-or what the monetary value each settlement was for. We have no actual inside knowledge as to what the specific motivations and reasonings were for a settlement, and we never will considering the NDA that was invoked.

Obviously a judge concluded he didn’t have a civil case for damages against the other media entities. But I can’t fault him for at least trying to sue those that he and his lawyers felt aided in falsely portraying him as a racist agitator for literally standing there while doing nothing except smile while wearing a MAGA hat.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

And why did he “look like a [penis]”? What does that even mean exactly? I thought we lived in a country where we aren’t supposed to condemn and ridicule others based on their physical appearances.

What exactly should have he done differently? Not smile? Should he have verbally confronted the loser who went out of his way to get up in his grill while banging a drum 6 inches from his eyeballs? He and his classmates had the same right the Native American weirdo had to be present in a public space demonstrating their particular political beliefs. It’s not like the kid asked to become a national news fixation. God forbid he commit the grave sin of going on Fox News in front of a national audience to defend his character against the prevailing narrative after he became the number one trending story on the internet.

But yes, it was ridiculous that this story became the number one story in America at the time it happened.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you are pretending I was talking about his physical appearance, you're just playing a game here. No one is that stupid. I am not saying he actually appeared to resemble male genitals.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Obviously I wasn’t implying you literally meant he looked like male genitalia. I was asking you to clarify what he did wrong exactly for you to proclaim he looked like a [penis] in a metaphorical sense. Let’s not play dumb semantic games. What exactly should have he done differently there to not come across as a villain with racist motivations harassing a Native American?

18. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I guess you're just dumb. Only an idiot thinks it's insulting to think your perceived popularity contest is worth a shit. Keep trying to impress strangers on a tiny message board.

19. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

You're living vicariously through the foolish arguments of droski? By all means, show me this grand argument that took place and how handily one's ass was given, clown.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You think me being in the consensus here that you are nothing more than an angry, useless window licker whose only purpose is to chime in to belittle others having a discussion is all part of an attempt to impress others? Wow, what a take. Revel in that stupidity if you must. Nobody is stopping you from continuing to be the angry asshole that you are.