POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

You’d never heard of Byron “Lotax” Looper?

2. TennTradition

I believe the gun misfired twice.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The gun didn’t even want any part of him

TennTradition likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

W would have Obama out of the ring before he blinked.

justingroves, zehr27 and ole_orange like this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I looked it up. 2 guns misfired.

justingroves likes this.
  6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Im ashamed to say, no, I had not until the Pelosi story inspired me to randomly look into American political violence metrics where I first discovered that story. Was literally in kindergarten when all that went down. Safe to say local political current events in those days were not on my mind as the events transpired. For the life of me I can’t recall ever being made aware of that murder through either schooling, other adults in my life and any form of media rehashing what went down. Definitely something I can’t believe I didn’t know about until now. The entire saga deserves a Netflix docudrama series

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Apparently a common practice back in the dueling days was the two individuals involved in the duel would both show up at the agreed upon time and date. The guy who got to shoot first often would draw his weapon and immediately fire straight up into the air. Then the 2nd guy typically would do the same thing. This act resolved many petty feuds and signified to everyone that both men honorably proved their manhood because they at least had the nuts to show up to a potential life or death duel like they said they would. Jackson obviously was not too keen on that gentlemanly approach

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

You could watch the Oxygen true crime episode. They may have some intimidating male cheerleader content for you as well.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Allegedly Hamilton did this and Burr didn’t

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Oh I’m well on my way down through this Looper rabbit hole already. This story is blowing my mind. Also if one can set aside the murders and psychopathy displayed here (lol), him literally changing his middle name to “low tax” so that his name on the ballot would read Byron “low tax” Looper is damn funny All-American political parody. What a guy

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

In my mind, it is shades of what we have seen from current performative politicians on the national stage. He would have loved the tea party, and would love the freedom caucus.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He would get winded fast but if he ended up on top of you it would be a pretty fast tap out.

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Perhaps Bryon just wanted to avenge past injustices by murdering someone who represented a dying breed of mean ole Dixiecrats. Jk. But fr, even as someone who would be labeled as a "right winger", I can at least understand the parallels with the fringes of "my side". Safe to presume that dude woulda been all aboard the Trump Train as soon as he had no other option to latch onto after Trump finished the job of usurping the establishment GOP in the 2015/16 primary season.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Hamilton did, but fired into the trees behind Burr, purposely. Burr thought he was shooting at him and missed, so aimed himself.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Y'all are sleeping on Ike.

ole_orange likes this.
  16. TennTradition

I was a freshman in college and from the upper Cumberland so it was front of mind at the time. I forget how young some among us are :)

17. TennTradition

Nice. My wife was just recounting this story to me within the last few weeks and I recalled two misfires. Pretty incredible.

18. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Have we covered this Project Veritas Pfizer deal? Pretty wild.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why would we? Veritas is a known garbage "investigation" service.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator