POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Wait a minute, so a couple weeks ago GOP Congressman Rick Allen said that “people come up to me, they actually want to work longer”

So wait, does no one want to work anymore or do people want to work longer?

It must be exhausting to keep track of all these conflicting talking points

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So not enough support for it to happen?

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Right now? No

And I’d say “well no one is dumb enough to actually campaign on it so it will never get there” But then I remember that Marjorie Taylor Green, Paul Gosar, Matt Gaetz, George Santos, and Queen of the dipshits Lauren Boebert are all in Congress on the side of the aisle that such an idea would gain steam, so we may be getting close to testing that theory.

Personally, as someone much closer to democrat than republican, I welcome the effort.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is the kind of thing that gets sneaked/shoved in. Biden encouraged them to stand up and show their support for leaving ss alone and they did. So how was he misleading?

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's simple. Votes are needed to get elected. I don't know why people don't get this.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I‘ve been watching politicians say stupid conflicting shit all my life. The much simpler explanation is that people like Rick Allen are morons

Don’t get me wrong, he’s a moron that is trying to get votes, but the thought that he has two conflicting viewpoints on employment almost certainly didn’t occur to him when he said that

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It won't happen and those morons don't have enough clout to get it done and never will. This is Boeberts last ride and Santos might not even get to finish his term. There will always be a few extremist on the GOP side but they will never make up the majority. Imo

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I didn't say he was misleading. He was just trying to score stupid points. Imo

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If he is a moron (which he probably is, I know very little about him) then the people that vote for him which is the majority of his district are morons too. He is just speaking to the people he needs to get elected. He gets 250K a year for his troubles.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Scoring points in that manner is probably the least offensive thing politicians do

You like something unpopular? Get out there and own it. Don’t be a [ussy pay], and such

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I have little doubt that Georgia District 12 is chock full of morons.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think he was playing prevent defense, and it may have worked.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s Georgia

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is calling out a whole 1% of the GOP house. GOP would actually be stronger without that 1%.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Please explain

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They bark like dogs at a football game. It's to be expected.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

They better start distancing themselves from them in a hurry then. Tying them all to that 1% is going to prove very effective. Probably more so than tying Dems to CRT and all that nonsense

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

They'll look silly to put ss cuts in a bill this term, which some had been talking about doing since early 2022 in anticipation of controlling congress

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Was not going to happen.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was a hail mary. And sometimes it is about nipping something in the bud before it becomes part of the wedge. You get the right talking heads on tv pumping something up, and they'll talk you into anything.