POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He went to therapy for depression, not his stroke, which was what I stated and was correct in that he will recover. He also will be back in the Senate in April from his depression treatment.

However, you were saying I was getting the read on the PA election wrong - "Non-ideologically driven partisan voters care whether or not their Senator can perform basic functions like speaking and processing information." - among other quotes. But, anyway. You won't care to reflect honestly about your statements. I'm not being sanctimonious about the honest broker part, putting myself on a pedestal. It's you being the guy here among us all who isn't.

2. Unimane

It's not going to be Harris. She's toast on the national level and never proved adept at handling any of it. Biden is subtly likeable and the mud slung against him by the GOP really hasn't stuck. They're still trying Hunter Biden stuff. He's also done a low key solid job as president since the Afghanistan chaos. Still, he's poor in a lot of public situations, so he's vulnerable in that sense. I don't think DeSantis has the sort of charisma to take advantage of this, though, unless he improves markedly from what he's shown.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

He isn't quick on his feet. What does that say about bumbling Biden's feet in comparison? Would love to see Ron and Joe on the same stage together so we can find out exactly who is the quicker and savvier rhetorical slinger.

Either way progs/lefties/libs/blue card carrying folks have to be incredibly optimistic about their chances in 24 considering DeSantis and Trump are not electable in their eyes. Especially DeSantis it seems. He sucks, has no personality, his popularity Florida is different and definitely can't translate over in a general, plus he has been a horrible, rotten fascist governor who did horrible leading a state through a major crisis like a pandemic, ect. I'd be salivating if I were y'all about Ron from a political gamesmanship POV. Especially since you will either beat Trump or CRUSH Ron in the general

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Dems trotting out the Democrat version of Sarah Palin VP Kamala Harris on the top of their ticket would be fine by me. Get her on a microphone and just let her speak like the baby talking scatter brain she is. What a political gift that would be for the GOP. It's hard for a big time national politician to be as unimpressive as she has been overall serving as VP. Of course her skin color and gender might be what really matters to Dems in the 24 primary should Joe bow out. She has a shot for sure. We shall find out.

5. Unimane

Somehow, you've taken people daring to call DeSantis something less than a "political rockstar" while noting his limitations as people believing he will be "CRUSH(ED)"! in the general. Never stop being you, dude.

6. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

He's a significantly better option than Trump in the general, no question. But can ge get there?

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I still say Pete is maybe the best Dem option, but current environment hurts him even more. It's a shame.

IP likes this.
  8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I go back and forth on him. Ive seen him speak before and thought man, this guy gets it hell I might vote for him and I’m a Republican.

Then there are times that I think he’s the Tom Cruise of politics. Legit no soul and a creepy vibe that that there’s nothing behind the eyes, totally vacant.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
    ole_orange likes this.
  9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea, blows my mind still someone who couldn't speak was elected. I overestimated the impact of his health concerns with independent voters. I've said as such repeatedly on this board upon his successful election. I don't take back anything I said though about expressing my concerns that someone who couldn't fully function was running for Senator. Nutty stuff.

And perhaps he will recover ultimately. Sadly you assuring he is going to be fine likely means he is dead in a few months based on your track records with predictions about how Fetterman's health journey will go down. Of course you seemingly do have intimate knowledge and access as to what is going on exactly with John Fetterman medically, so maybe I should take your prediction of how Fetterman's health will shake out super seriously.

10. Unimane

I'm not sold he's any better than Trump in the general. Part of Trump's success is bringing swaths of votes from people who didn't normally get excited for candidates. 75 million votes is a hefty amount. I don't know if those folks are going to go in the fold for DeSantis, especially if the primary gets ugly. I don't know how well riding the "anti-woke" caravan works on a national level. Culture war stuff isn't a great winner. In the end, you've got to convince the purple state people and I've only really seen someone like Youngkin win in those places on the merits of "woke". It's still mostly about the economy.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Like a few posts ago where I reflected honestly on my failed 22 midterm predictions for all to see here by bringing up I got the NV and AZ Senate races wrong on election night? You are so full of shit. You can't be serious with this line of attack right now on me lol. But I think you are, heels dug in and all.

"Uni, you are going to get the 22 midterm elections wrong"- a quote you will never be able to find made by me to you. Because well, it's not true. Even though you did technically get the 22 midterm elections wrong. You told us the Reps were going to win both chambers of Congress before the election. You got it wrong. As did I.

12. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

There are legitimate things to like about Desantis but to me his biggest problem is a general lack of awareness of what will play and what won’t. He’s a pretender.

13. Unimane

Again, his recovery from the stroke has been coming. The depression stuff has nothing to do with the stroke. Even so, he'll be back shortly.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/joh...senate-treatment-depression/story?id=98218354

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You have labeled yourself as being too sanctimonious sometimes with how you communicate to others. Ironically the one putting myself on a pedestal here is you. Only you make insinuations about me thinking of myself as being "the smartest guy in the room who refuses to ever admit when he's wrong". Literally just here shooting the shit like everyone else, bud. Get over it.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The Palestine derailment stuff did not help him imo with how massive that story became. I don't think he did himself any favors optically at the very least by not being more visible and on the ground there as someone with future WH aspirations. It's early though. People can have short memories with politics.

17. Unimane

You won't reflect honestly on the conversation we had and this is often the case, usually while looking to create some alternative narrative through rambling nonsense. Pointing out the misrepresentations gets a little pedantic and tiresome. I know you feel the need to have the last word on every interaction on this board, but, frankly, I'm ready to move on from this stupidity.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I think he can. 60/40 chance at least Trump wins. But we will see. Trump is losing his political savviness imo. He has to swallow his pride over Truth Social and return to Twitter so he can at least try to mainstream and meme his messaging through again to the masses. And he must drop the whole stolen election thing. Plus the old school genius winning political themes like "I'm gonna bring American manufacturing back from overseas and end illegal, unchecked immigration" have illuded him. Also people mostly like Ron pretty much on "my side" Trump fan or not. These attacks and nicknames for Ron are so cringey. The Jeb! Lyin Ted. Lil Marco, Crooked Hillary mockery were actually effective and funny. The DeSantis attacks so far are just awkward for conservatives. Like being at your friend's house growing up and witnessing their parents get in an ugly argument in front of you.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Thing is you feel like you know exactly what I know and feel whether it be my intentions, implications surrounding whatever posts that are not based in actual reality, ect.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Which is why you have been engaging with me for like 3 years now on political matters. YoU jUsT CaNt StAnD mE sO mUch that we keep communicating with each other. Believe it or not, I actually think we've had decent discussions over the years when things don't derail between us for whatever reason.

It's just that the conversation tonight started by you falsely claiming I said "Uni you are going to get the 22 midterms wrong" while calling me dishonest myself . Of course you do not give a shit about me immediately bringing up the specific Senate races I did get wrong while simultaneously and correctly stating how you and I both "got it wrong" on a whole as we both were on record believing the Reps would take back both chambers ultimately. But that does not help prove your point you are attempting to make against me, therefore you disregard those facts.

I said it in November and I say it now again: yea I incorrectly predicted two Senate races as they were unfolding in real time during the chaos that is election night and overestimated the impact of Fetterman's health status with voters. So the [uck fay] what? Stop making shit up man and you will feel better about yourself. It's late. Get some sleep, the school bell for 1st period will be ringing soon.