POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’m not telling people they are wrong for their opinion. I’m explaining to people like you, there are 2 sides and people have the right without assholes like you telling them they cant

2. Ssmiff

Are they really not doing ribbons for 1-3rd place anymore?

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I just rab the sponge race. Which consisted of kids running with sponges full of water trying to wring it in a bucket. Which naturally devolved into wringing it over their heads instead.

We did do some boy vs girls. But they all self identified. It's possible there was some impropriety going on, I didn't take off their pants to check.

justingroves and dknash like this.
  4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

peelwonder likes this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My son's field day won't do individual awards/ribbons. They award the classes 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. They don't do individual events anymore, either. Everything is teams/relays. They changed it not because the kids were upset, but because they parents were softer than baby shit and couldn't handle little Breighdyn not winning his events.

SetVol13 likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

girls at a young age are often bigger and faster than their boy counterparts. Tomboys usually had a good shot at 1st place but believe they may be extinct.

7. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

To each their own I guess, notice there aren't any revealing shots. Where are the Camel Toes? LOL

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel like the "i can always tell" position really takes things in odd directions that cis women can not universally measure up to. Let's be real, there are some masculine women. There are men who look feminine. Humanity is really diverse.

9. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Good thing I never had to rely on you as a Wingman.

I jest of course.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am old-fashioned, I would tell you to get to know them first.

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. gcbvol

Yes, I understand people have different likes. If KP was the only cover model I would understand folks being upset, but that's not the case. She is on one of four covers, the other 3 all cis women. Folks being upset over 1 feature (out of 4) of a trans model is silly, and an example of people looking for something to get angry about. My opinion is set on this.

Much ado about nothing.

SetVol13, Poppa T and The Dooz like this.
  12. Ssmiff

People are capable of having an opinion about things or disagree with the premise without being angry. Maybe it’s a reason why more discussions aren’t had, when counterpoints are labeled as anger or hate. Why bother.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What if I wanna rub one out in the magazine aisle of the grocery store and this is the only cover available? Then what am I supposed to do?

SetVol13 and gcbvol like this.
  14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

My reading comprehension has obviously deteriorated. I did not perceive any anger or hate. But I am new to the subtle vagaries of online discourse and I don't do the twitters.
    P.S. I don't do emogis, either, because I am untrained in the hidden meanings attributed by youth.

15. gcbvol

I never claimed you were angry over it, but I know others are. I've seen the usual conservative mouthpieces raging over it. It's all ridiculous theatre.

Now, trans athletes is a legitimate issue and something which needs to be worked out. The topic of transitioning children is absolutely valid. But expanding that concern to every trans person who shows up in media or advertising is not. What the [uck fay] has happened to nuance and context?

Ssmiff likes this.
  16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Close your eyes and pretend.

SetVol13 and gcbvol like this.
  17. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Man up and get it done.

18. Ssmiff

National Geographic

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's not a crisis, but if there aren't specific rules in place to define who is a woman for the purpose of sports, women's sports as we have known it will become a thing of the past, particularly with regard to individual sports. That's not hyperbole. That just is. It may not happen overnight, but it will eventually happen.

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I think people are scared of popping a boner and what it would imply. Is that what this is all about?

utvol0427, SetVol13 and emainvol like this.