POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

How do we get gun manufacturers to make a commemorative rainbow colored model.

gcbvol, SetVol13, emainvol and 4 others like this.
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Tim Scott is in. I think if him and Haley linked up it could be a decent ticket.

gcbvol likes this.
  3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Would be a very strong ticket in the general. Getting there is the issue.

zehr27 likes this.
  4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

North Dakota governor Doug Burgum is also expected to declare soon. Lately, he’s drifted a little further to the right on social issues than I’d like, but besides that he’d be a great candidate in normal times. Of course we don’t live in normal times, so he has no chance of gaining any traction.

zehr27 likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the US defaults, I am blaming the national media. All they have done on this is continue to paint a "both sides" narrative that in this circumstance is not informational or useful. This is literally in Congress' court. A budget was passed, now they don't want to pay it. Leave sides out of it. That is what happened.

gcbvol and Unimane like this.
  6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

‘No Labels’ Eyes a Third-Party Run in 2024. Democrats Are Alarmed.

Bipartisan political group No Labels is stepping up a well-funded effort to field a “unity ticket” for the 2024 presidential race, prompting fierce resistance from even some of its closest allies who fear handing the White House back to Donald Trump.

At the top of the list of potential candidates is Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., who has been a headache to his party and could bleed support from President Joe Biden in areas crucial to his reelection.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Anyone that votes for Donald Trump after Jan 6th 2021 should have their head beaten with a stick.

VolDad likes this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

A shitty budget was passed

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Democrats are for inclusion as long as it doesn't steal any of their votes.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

And a new budget is coming up. That is the place to be focusing, not on whether to be paying the bills.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think there is only one honest way to look at it: does this third party have a chance of winning? No. Does it benefit one party more than the other? Yes. So any take ignoring that bottom line is cap.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You just proved my point.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We can't afford to pay the bills we racked up.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

You ignored mine.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's just not true. We literally can pay.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Can we?

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I saw it. You don't want to risk losing a single vote for people to have other options.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

we can print more and kick the can down the road but we can’t pay it and the debt will have to be defaulted on eventually.

It’s not like we’re going to cut spending and only going to rack more debt on it.

warhammer likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't want the outcome to be changed due to an impossibility.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Its not like it's something that can only be done to one side. I say bring on more parties.