POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, nobody here has objected to the periodic table that I know of. I really don't know how you teach high school science without that, or biology without genetics and evolution.

SetVol13, gcbvol and zehr27 like this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I always thought India was more advanced than that as far as the sciences go. But it just goes to show that people love to go back to the "good ole days" all over the world.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

They have great scientists, this is wild.

justingroves likes this.
  4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

My god, this DEI outrage is so stupid. People are absolutely clueless on the modern workforce and what they look for in an employer.

If I had any hair left I'd rip it out trying to explain to obstinate ostriches

justingroves and Unimane like this.
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Chris Rufo has done untold amounts of damage somewhat under the radar. The stuff happening at New College in Florida is insanity.

gcbvol likes this.
  6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If people think Chick-Fil-A is too woke, they really need to recalibrate and have a hard look inwards.

SetVol13, gcbvol and justingroves like this.
  7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Really looking forward to the shorter Chik Fil A drive thru lines.

SetVol13 and gcbvol like this.
  8. NorrisAlan

Chick-Fil-A too woke? Talk about eating your own babies, jesus.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea as someone who has belly laughed for a decade plus now at the libs out there who boycott Chik-Fil-A over political virtue signaling outrage, I have no problem laughing at the cons too who want to suddenly boycott warm Waffle fries and polite service. Keep politics out of my damn delicious chicken sandwiches.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Pulled in a Wendy’s for the first time in a long time and a combo was $11 so I cancelled and left.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. NorrisAlan

It is [uck fay]ing ridiculous.

12. Ssmiff

especially when you were around in the day selling plasma at $42 a pop and could cover 40 Rally Burger combos on Chapman hwy at 99 cents per. Hell we would take a $20 down there out of the pot from our Woodmeade keg parties and look like champs coming back in with burgers and fries.

13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Couple points on DEI.

1) Programs can and do vary among companies
    2) Many DEI programs include religion, veterans, people with disabilities and others not LGBT or black/brown people.
    3) The younger workforce expects these types of programs at a prospective employer. Whether it's a "leftist" thing or not is irrelevant when you're trying to attract and retain talent.
    4) That said, it is not going to be important in certain industries. For example, folks looking for jobs in CFA restaurants aren't likely to be concerned with DEI programs. However, it might play a part in CFA corporate roles.

I work in Professional Services where people are our product. Getting the best and brightest talent is critical. Having DEI and ERGs is the expectation of many in the younger workforce. If you want the best talent, it's simply something you need to have.

cpninja likes this.
  14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I have a theory that says there is direct correlation between the amount of hate you put into a chicken sandwich and how good it tastes. No one hates my guts more than the random workers at Popeyes, which is why their chicken sandwich is easily the tastiest. Chick-Fil-A hates an entire sexual orientation which is why it's the 2nd best. On the other end Burger King loves everyone and their chicken sandwich tastes like shit.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Never eat fast food without downloading the app and using their daily special offers.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Wendy’s combos have teetered around the $10-11 range since they went to fresh, never frozen beef. Some y’all need to get out more.

justingroves likes this.
  17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This is also sage advice.

18. Ssmiff

I hate that we OC’d on Popeyes last summer. On the road a bit and all of us tried for first time. With Cajun fries and mashed potatoes and gravy. Then we searched them out. Then I would go get on sundays and we stopped cold Turkey. Just overdid it. By far the best sandwich. Huge, thick patty with crunchy batter.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Their red beans and rice is pretty good for fast food as well.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Wendy’s is so hit or miss depending on each particular location. Some Wendy’s are absolute trash, others are perfectly fine. And then I swear Burger King is just a money laundering operation for the Cartel, because their parking lots and drive thurs are always empty. Like I don’t know anyone who actually ever eats there